Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My daughters hair takes forever to dry!!!

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:48 PM
  • 22 Replies

My daughter is 6 and her hair is below her shoulders.  After her bath it takes forever to dry her and hair and she hates the blowdryer.  I'm afraid to leave it wet overnight because I don't want her to get sick...

Any suggestions?!  

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamma429
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Holy Cow Towel, it's the best.

Gweneveer
by Colleen on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:38 PM
She can't get sick from leaving her hair wet. She would get sick from germs only. I have no suggestions though :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LilysMomma117
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:56 PM

cute name for the towel....does it work though? is it any faster at drying your hair, or same amount of time, longer?  I know that drying your hair everyday isn't good, but I still do it anyway for the sake of time....

Hottmomma607
by Queen Trica on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:12 PM
I agree! Wet hair wouldn't make you sick!
My DD'S hair very thick&long! She's gone to bed with wet hair plenty of times&so I have! A quick hand dryer if you don't want her with wet hair. And she doesn't wanna use that,a good towel dry before bed and/or bath time earlier so her hair can air dry!

Quoting Gweneveer:

She can't get sick from leaving her hair wet. She would get sick from germs only. I have no suggestions though :(
blondiemomof2
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:57 AM

When I go to bed with wet hair I like to put it on top of my head with a scrunchie. I wake up with really nice waves.

FlyingMommy747
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:28 AM

I think your daughter has the same hair as I do, and mine takes forever to dry also, and I hate to go to bed with wet hair.  What I usually do is take a shower early if I am not going out anywhere, and put my hair in a towel for a couple of hours, or just let it dry some naturally when I am in our warm house.  Then before I go to bed, it is about 1/2 way dry and it does not take as long to dry.

CafeMom Tickers
xoPxo
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:39 AM

i have the same problem, i wrap my hair  up in the towel after i dry it so it can catch the rest of the water, it wants to drip after i pat it dry everytime, i would just wrap it up for a bit and it should soak up most of the water I agree with the other ladies, damp or slightly wet hair won't make ya sick , but as the old timers have told me, do not go out with it wet and cover your ears, lol I stil lhave my 90 yr old grandfather tellling me that adn he is always right. As long as its before bed it should be ok, the pillow will soak up the dampness also, now i have to worry about that one side of my hair in the morning, ugh, lol

do11face
by Jill on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:48 PM

My daughter's takes forever, too.

She goes to bed with wet hair all the time. Wet hair won't make you sick.
my hair used to take forever, too, before I lost a huge bulk of it.

Melgarz
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:56 PM
I have used the holy cow towel before as well and it works great. I typically put it on when I get out I the shower then do my make-up an by the time I'm done my hair is dry or I might just need to blow dry it for a minute or two after. I used to blow dry for 10 minutes.

Quoting LilysMomma117:

cute name for the towel....does it work though? is it any faster at drying your hair, or same amount of time, longer?  I know that drying your hair everyday isn't good, but I still do it anyway for the sake of time....

littlemascara
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Quoting Gweneveer:

I agree... unless she's sleeping outside and going to get hypothermia or something.  Hair towels help... the $1 store (we have Dollar Tree) always has microfiber ones that are no different than ones I have paid like $15 for.  Can you move bath time up to an earlier time before bed so it's got longer to dry?  And most kids don't need their hair washed everysingle day, especially in winter.  Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)