Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

How do you promote natural beauty and healthy living in your daily life?

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:31 AM
  • 104 Replies
3 moms liked this

Strong and Healthy are two qualities which never go out of style. We believe that beauty is something you feel from within and we want to hear your thoughts.

We recently gave 20 moms the opportunity to try the Nature's Bounty Optimal Solutions Extra Strength Hair, Skin and Nails vitamins. The Nature's Bounty Optimal Solutions Hair, Skin and Nails formula provides extra strength support you need for lustrous hair, enviable skin and strong nails.

These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Always consult your pharmacist or health care provider before purchasing and/or consuming any healthcare products

Tell us...
How do you promote natural beauty and healthy living in your daily life?

We can't wait to hear from you!

** The CafeMom Team

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Featured Replies
ceciliam
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:45 AM

I promote natural beauty by drinking lots of water, eating well, exercising and getting lots of rest.

jryberg

I try and make good choices in what I eat and what I surround myself with - I am trying to make some lifestyle changes so I can feel better. 

Bmat

I eat a balanced diet, get enough sleep, drink plenty of fluids, protect my skin with sunscreen and wear a hat. Also I take time every day to read and to play a couple entertaning games. I have friends and enjoy getting together with them, and laugh and smile every day.  I exercise, but would like to do more exercising. Right now I mainly walk and do some weights and stretches.  Being kind to people is important to me, besides that I feel it is the right thing to do, it also makes me feel good. I try to find products that keep me looking and feeling healthy-  my hair and skin, my teeth.

Bmat

Question:  I'm not sure what the topic means. I answered How do I strive for natural beauty and healthy living, but does the topic mean How do I promote natural living beauty and healthy living in others?

GwenMB

I try to eat a healthy diet, drink water, get some exercise. I encourage my boys to do the same, partly by giving them healthy food etc, partly by modeling it.  I also try to get enough sleep.

I do try to take a multi vitamin daily, just to cover all the bases.

Madelaine

I try to drink a lot of water, I have cut out the caffeine and am trying to stay away from processed foods and eat more fruits and veggies.

nana9106

I try to eat a healthy diet and drink lots of water. I also take a multi-vitamin, and get at least 7 hous of sleep every night.

kanake
1 mom liked this

I try to limit stress,do some things I enjoy and take a multi vitamin. I limit my sugar intake as well.

mp3mom

Hi, I'm Cherrie, married mom of three: 17, almost 16 (on Christmas), and 12. We try to eat fresh healthy, balanced diets, and drink water, with the exception of my coffee in the morning that I have to have! My family is into working out if not playing volleyball, basketball, or rowing. In the summer, we belong to a pool, so they swim, too. 

sanj1213
By eating healthy foods, exercise and drinking a lot of water. I have a cup of coffee every morning, after that it's water for the rest of the day.
Shellness
1 mom liked this

I have an auto immune disease. My youngest daughter does too. Because of this we are hyper vigilant about the things we eat. Fresh fruits and vegetables are our main source of food. We also eat lean meats. Almost all of our food is home made. No fast foods and restaurants for us! Taking vitamins is also very important to me. I have my bloodwork done on a regular basis to make sure I am getting the proper nutrition. 

I love using natural products. Aloe vera gel is wonderful for my skin. I make sure to spend time cleansing and moisturizing my skin every day.

deedee3849

I have to admit for the last few months I completely fell off track. This past summer I decided to try life without sugar, processed foods or white flour and I felt so much better. I began running, and ran my first mile. I hurt my knee, took a break and got off track. I am looking forward to getting back to eating healthy but this month is a bad month for that! I have decided to limit sugars, eat whole grains and try to stay away from processed foods. I also try to limit carb snacks because they just make me hungrier. I am big on water...LOVE it! I take vitamin D daily due to being low in vitamin D. As far as natural beauty goes, I love using coconut oil on my lips and skin....especially for dry patches. In the winter my skin gets very dry and this helps a lot. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN