Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

Would you recommend vitamins to others?

Posted by   + Show Post

Strong and Healthy are two qualities which never go out of style. We believe that beauty is something you feel from within and we want to hear your thoughts.

We recently gave 20 moms the opportunity to try the Nature's Bounty Optimal Solutions Extra Strength Hair, Skin and Nails vitamins. The Nature's Bounty Optimal Solutions Hair, Skin and Nails formula provides extra strength support you need for lustrous hair, enviable skin and strong nails.

These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Always consult your pharmacist or health care provider before purchasing and/or consuming any healthcare products

Tell us...
Would you recommend vitamins to others?

We can't wait to hear from you!

** The CafeMom Team

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Replies (111-118):
mindrelease
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:04 AM

When it comes to definingwhat hypnosis can and cannot do, I can only share with you what I know as fact, first hand, based on my own experience. In my opinion, if hypnosis has any limitations, they will be a direct result of unrealistic expectations.

I have seen hypnosis work in conjunction with traditional medicine. I have seen significantly reduced impact of side effects to certain treatments like chemotherapy. I have seen a reduction in pain, and increased tolerance to chemo and other treatments. I have witnessed a greatly improved ability to cope with the emotional strain of terminal illness with the help of hypnosis. But I have never seen hypnosis cure cancer. And I wouldn't state that it can. Maybe others have made such claims, and if in fact they have achieved such heights of success with hypnosis, they can and should attest to it. But ethically, I cannot speak to speculation or risk imposing any false hopes upon my clients.

Other questionable benefits of hypnosis include actual physical changes in the body like enlarged breasts, or increased height. Perhaps if I were to follow the pursuit of one such benefit for an extended period of time, by specializing in breast enlargement for instance, I might be able to report back to you that it does in fact work, and that I did achieve the desired result. But again, I can only attest to what I know with certainty.

In my personal and professional opinion, an ethical hypnotherapist will promise only what he knows he can deliver. There are enormous benefits from listening to self hypnosis CDs and downloads. Yet there is no need to resort to falsifying facts. I've seen therapists selling hypnosis products for a wide range of issues. An unfortunate risk in making unrealistic promises is that people will lose faith in hypnosis altogether and deny themselves the benefits of this incredible tool because of the poor ethics of one or a few persons.

I certainly want people to try Self Hypnosis, and I wholehearted believe that everyone can benefit from it to some degree, but I also care to be able to live with myself, and respect the face in the mirror, and I would not go to unlimited lengths to get people to try it or purchase my product.

Those who have tried Self Hypnosis will need no further convincing, and those who haven't should not have to fear false promises.
More Information  :- http://www.mindrelease.ca

gdsTX
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:42 AM

I certainly would recommend vitamins. Most of the food we eat now is severely lacking in proper nutrition. However, don't go and just pick one up. Talk to a nutritionist and find the right mix for you. No two multivitamin mixes are the same and one may do more harm than good for your specific needs. For example if you eat a lot of red meat, you don't need one with a high iron content unless you personally have low iron. Most employees at GNC or Total Nutrition can help you find one that works for you. My sister is a store manager, so she helps our family find the right mix for each of us. For a general multivitamin, she usually suggests Be Well from GNC as it's pretty well balanced and includes some things you won't normally find at the drug store.

mommy0ncloud09
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:48 PM
If i knew a bit of their lifestyle, and knew they could benefit from it.
Chilandra
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:22 AM

No, because I may not know what the persons situation or eating habits are like.

lullaby572
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:19 AM
1 mom liked this

is this a research study given without proper informed consent?

truelove4742
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Yes I would recommend vitamins

fruitful4him
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Specific vitamins yes, but I think some people go overboard on vitamins in place of a balanced diet.

coronado25
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 6:03 PM

No.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)