Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

Do you have any natural beauty or healthy living tips to share?

Posted by   + Show Post

Strong and Healthy are two qualities which never go out of style. We believe that beauty is something you feel from within and we want to hear your thoughts.

We recently gave 20 moms the opportunity to try the Nature's Bounty Optimal Solutions Extra Strength Hair, Skin and Nails vitamins. The Nature's Bounty Optimal Solutions Hair, Skin and Nails formula provides extra strength support you need for lustrous hair, enviable skin and strong nails.

These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Always consult your pharmacist or health care provider before purchasing and/or consuming any healthcare products

Tell us...
Do you have any natural beauty or healthy living tips to share?

We can't wait to hear from you!

** The CafeMom Team

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 4:10 PM
Replies (111-115):
NWP
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:25 PM

I stopped using shampoo a month ago based on your post. My hair is softer, but I have noticed I have to wash it more often. I was down to about once a week with regular shampoo, but need to clean with the baking soda about every three days. Is that normal? Or will I be able to stretch it out as time goes by?

Quoting ashers_mommy99:

I started cutting out chemical-laden shampoos, conditioners, face wash, and deodorant. I make my own deodorant from coconut oil, corn starch, baking soda and essential oil. I don't stink! I use the "no poo" method on my hair. I use coconut oil mixed with vitamin e oil as a leave-in conditioner and eye cream. I use castor oil to strengthen and lengthen my eye lashes (it really works!). There are tons of other things I've been doing along those lines. Eating raw garlic will cure the common cold as well as many other ailments. Yay for natural beauty and healthy living!! :) :) :)

Neon Washable Paint

ashers_mommy99
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:00 PM

I have heard you can stretch out washings by doing a water-only scalp massage. I use cornstarch baby powder as a dry shampoo (brush out really well) when it's greasy but not time to wash. It works wonders! I washed my hair every 3 days before no-poo and that is still as often as I wash my hair on no-poo.

Quoting NWP:

I stopped using shampoo a month ago based on your post. My hair is softer, but I have noticed I have to wash it more often. I was down to about once a week with regular shampoo, but need to clean with the baking soda about every three days. Is that normal? Or will I be able to stretch it out as time goes by?

Quoting ashers_mommy99:

I started cutting out chemical-laden shampoos, conditioners, face wash, and deodorant. I make my own deodorant from coconut oil, corn starch, baking soda and essential oil. I don't stink! I use the "no poo" method on my hair. I use coconut oil mixed with vitamin e oil as a leave-in conditioner and eye cream. I use castor oil to strengthen and lengthen my eye lashes (it really works!). There are tons of other things I've been doing along those lines. Eating raw garlic will cure the common cold as well as many other ailments. Yay for natural beauty and healthy living!! :) :) :)

gossio
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:53 PM

eat lots off friut and vegtables and lots drink lots off  water and get a lot off rest

PR_Tracy
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:18 PM

I take a nice long hot bubble bath!  I use bubble bath with mood-enhancing pheromones in them to make me feel great!  Also, I take a wine glass and fill it with ice cold water (hot tub and wine is a little too much for me as I will overheat).  The wne glass makes it feel fun and fancy ;)  I also go overboard on the candles!!!

ProudMommaMe
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:53 AM

Sugar Scrub! Take a small tubberware bowl and add a little bit of sugar with vegatable oil or olive oil (You can even use vitamin E oil) then just continue adding sugar till it's almost a paste. I use this to shave and to get rid of dead skin. Don't shave when the sugar is still on your skin though. That's a duh but I was tired and made that mistake. It's easy to get the oil off just wash with body wash. If you use vitamin E oil then it keeps you skin looking fresh and it helps you save money. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN