Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

I always wanted a locket and a charm bracelet

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 12:28 PM
  • 30 Replies
1 mom liked this

but it's hard to choose because there are so many nice ones out there!

Do you have either a locket necklace or charm bracelet?

by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 12:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Christy619
by Christy on Dec. 17, 2012 at 4:56 PM

I dont have a charm bracelet but have had lockets in the past. I want to get another locket, I have seen some cool ones on Etsy lately.

Gweneveer
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 5:47 PM
I have an Italian charm bracelet, but that's it. I did have a gorgeous black onus locket that I received as a gift for my college graduation, but my older brother hawked it for drug money :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mstrendygirl
by Irene on Dec. 17, 2012 at 7:55 PM

no but i do want one

xoPxo
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 7:56 PM
2 moms liked this

I have a locket necklace passed down to me one from my mom and one from my grandma, i miss them so much and when i put it on they are close to my heart <3

erikays
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 8:04 PM
I don't but I want a locker necklace.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
saysmom
by Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 7:29 PM
2 moms liked this

I have an origami owl neckalce which is a locket necklace that you buy charms for. You can add charms or take out and do a theme necklace (xmas etc.). They are really hot around my area right now! And then I have a chamilia charm bracelet which is just like a pandora!

littlemascara
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 8:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I bought an antique sterling heart locket in Wales when I was 17, and I had various pix in it over the years (dh and me, then my kids... but I have 3 kids and it just hold 2 pix), but I gave it to DD when she turned 18 and I put in a pic of her and one of her BF when they were babies.  It's pretty cute... they've been dating for 4 years.  So now I would like an antique square locket, like a Victorian or Edwardian one. 

When I was 10 my mother gave me a sterling charm bracelet and we've added charms over the years.  I have a lot of cool antique charms on it that my mom found, and then added one for each baby, my DH and other life events.  Each of my daughters has one like that, we started them when they were 3 I think, so they have a lot of cute charms too.

I also have a gold Juicy Couture one that you can add charms to, and mine is full and it's very heavy but the charms are so cute.  I also have a gold Burberry one that came with charms so it has a little Burberry rain coat, Wellies, a London phone box,  Big Ben, and umbrella and a little watch.  And when I worked for Guerlain I was given a gold one that has some of their most famous perfume bottles, I think it's got Shalimar, Samsara, Mitsouko, Champs Elysees and Chamade. 

I love charm bracelets, my mother always wore one that she started in high school and I loved to play with it and it was always comforting to hear it jingle and I love when she wears it now.  Hers is gold and it's expensive to buy gold charms now, plus hers is pretty full.  I don't know that she ever added many after she added one for me.  She could have 5 for each grandchild and pretty soon one for a great grandchild.... I'll have to tell my daddy to buy her those! :D

sophiesmom07
by Platinum Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 8:35 PM

I don't have any , but I think they're pretty.

littlemascara
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 8:41 PM

Quoting xoPxo:

I have a locket necklace passed down to me one from my mom and one from my grandma, i miss them so much and when i put it on they are close to my heart <3

That's very sweet.  That's the best kind of jewelry! I have my mammaw's pearls, but I keep them in their box in a zip lock bag because when I open it, it smells like her and I miss her so much.

babygomez
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 11:55 PM

No, neither.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN