Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

a mama that wants to look like her old self

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:51 PM
  • 9 Replies

hi my name is daisy before i got pregnant i use to do my hair and makeup and would wear nice clothes. i got pregnant with my first daughter in the begining of my senior year of high school i stopd doing my hair nice n startd to wear sweats and end up wearing no makeup at times and now that im gettin older (20) and pregnnt with my second child i want to get back to that.. so what this post is about is that i need advice or tips from other moms who know wat im going thru 

i would appriciate it

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ae86mommy
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:47 PM
I had both my babies while I was 20 :) honestly, I just get up every morning and do my makeup. It sets the tone for the entire day :) also, I get dressed. Most days jeans and a nice Tshirt. Sometimes yoga pants and a Tshirt. Never sweats.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Apr1l
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:03 PM
20 is faaaaar from old, but make time for yourself, it doesn't have to be a lot curl your lashes mascara and blush maybe lip color, small things that u find are flattering can make the difference.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
a_Amommy
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:22 PM

thankz girls i really needed the advice sometimes its so hard making time for myself since my boyfriend works all day and mi almost 2yr old daughter runs around.. ill try these advice that yu gave me 

sophiesmom07
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Welcome!

Ditch the sweats and at least start putting jeans on.  Simple makeup like blush, mascara and a little lip gloss will help you feel better. Little by little you'll get there. It gets a bit easier as they get older. 2 is a tough age! 

a_Amommy
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:11 PM

i would put pants on bt with my big pregnant belly wont fit into any of my pants i only have a month 1/2 left. and ima need to buy new make up n throw out my old ones so i can start da new me

thankz

blondiemomof2
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 12:43 AM

It happens! Best thing to do is do baby steps and dont overwhelm yourself by trying everything all at once. Come up with a simple routine that you feel comfortable with if you only have 5 minutes to get out of the door and pamper yourself by going to get something done at a salon.

LA-Blogger-Mom
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:21 PM

Hi Daisy - You are so young ! But I hear ya - it takes a lot of work to put yourself together. I just did a post on my blog about a really easy and stylish weekend outfit that I love to wear. Even though I could afford fancier clothes, I buy a lot of stuff at Old Navy, Gap or discount stores like Marshalls, Ross, etc because my kids sometimes destroy my clothes and I dont' want to ruin an expensive pair of shoes or jeans.

Check out my weekend outfit post here http://www.not-going-out-like-that.com/

Kmakksmom
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:58 AM

Good Luck! :)

lady-t3984
by Tina on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:18 AM
Hello,I hope you're feeling better,and was able to use some of the advice given to you. As,I read your comment,I thought of my 38yr. old DD and myself. My DD,who is always well put together just started llooking like a slob,lol. I asked her,"what happen"she said it was her job. Im to say,after our little talk about self graditude,and self-inspiration she is back to herself. It could be something on your mind or within,that's keeping you from getting primped up. You are worth the extra effort...Happy New Year!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)