Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

Opinions on WalMart Christmas packaged Makeup?

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:27 PM
  • 9 Replies

I got some money for Christmas and went shopping at WalMart. I really wanted some new makeup and I found these brand new packages of makeup for 50 percent off! They come in a huge compact and are from The Color Institute. There is enough makeup to last all year! I was wondering if anyone has heard of this brand and has used it? It seems to be packaged only for the Holidays and there are a lot of eyeshadows and lipglosses. It looks cheap but for the price I thought I would try it.

by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Gweneveer
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I've not heard of it. Let us know what you think!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DutchBaby12
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't like it personally. It's very cheap. Looks and feels cheap on.

sophiesmom07
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I had one years ago, but I didn't like it.  It is really cheap and doesn't blend well.  If you want to get somethiong at Walmart, my mom gave me a Hard Candy eyeshadow set that actually has pretty colors and wasn't too bad.  Maybe try that brand instead. :)

Zadidoll
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting autiemama516:

I got some money for Christmas and went shopping at WalMart. I really wanted some new makeup and I found these brand new packages of makeup for 50 percent off! They come in a huge compact and are from The Color Institute. There is enough makeup to last all year! I was wondering if anyone has heard of this brand and has used it? It seems to be packaged only for the Holidays and there are a lot of eyeshadows and lipglosses. It looks cheap but for the price I thought I would try it.

The Color Institute and The Color Workshop are both owned by Markwins who are the makers of Wet 'n' Wild. HOWEVER unlike Wet 'n' Wild the products are more miss than hit. The shadows tend not to be very pigmented - least ones in the past years have been this way, who knows maybe they've improved their products over the years since it's part of the same company that makes Wet 'n' Wild.

If you're going to buy makeup on clearance then I would suggest Profusion since those tend to be more pigmented and it's also cheap. OR check out the sales and clearance stuff at Sephora and Ulta.

Apr1l
by Katie on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:34 PM
2 moms liked this
Same =/

Quoting DutchBaby12:

I don't like it personally. It's very cheap. Looks and feels cheap on.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Apr1l
by Katie on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Great info

Quoting Zadidoll:

Quoting autiemama516:

The Color Institute and The Color Workshop are both owned by Markwins who are the makers of Wet 'n' Wild. HOWEVER unlike Wet 'n' Wild the products are more miss than hit. The shadows tend not to be very pigmented - least ones in the past years have been this way, who knows maybe they've improved their products over the years since it's part of the same company that makes Wet 'n' Wild.

If you're going to buy makeup on clearance then I would suggest Profusion since those tend to be more pigmented and it's also cheap. OR check out the sales and clearance stuff at Sephora and Ulta.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blondiemomof2
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:42 PM

I think these are pretty poor quality. You would be better off buying things individually. You dont even have to spend a lot of money. Check out some reviews before you buy and you'll be a lot happier with your items . I suggest wet n wild eyeshadow, Jordana mascara (purple and black tube) and L'oreal H.i.P eyeliner.

autiemama516
by Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Zadidoll:

Quoting autiemama516:

Thank you I googled The Color Institute and came up with Markwins. I might donate the kits because I only paid like 7 dollars for each. I think maybe a teenager starting out would do better with them. Thanks for the profusion suggestion. They were at the dollar store so I will give them a try!

Kmakksmom
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:42 AM
1 mom liked this

My younger 3 girls got those kits for Christmas.  They seem to like them.  They are 12, 11 and 10 though.  Any kind of makeup is great to them.  My oldest daughter *13* got better makeup from us. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN