Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Easy eye shadow tutorials.

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:29 PM
  • 12 Replies

I'm still kinda new with the whole makeup deal (dad REFUSED to let me wear it even when I was 13) and my DH is worried that, now that I have about 4 different shades of eyeshadow, that I'll overdo it. Anyone have any super easy eyeshadow tutorials for a 21 year old beginner?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Christy619
by Christy on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:39 PM

I have never been good at eye makeup and its my goal to start experimenting more so I'll be watching this post ;)

momof3_dll
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:36 PM

I would look up tutorials on youtube or pinterest

Meloney413
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe buy one of those eyeshadow quads at walgreens They number the shadows & show a picture exactly where they go. #1 will probably go all over the lid. these instructions will take you all the way to the highlight. good practice for a beginner then when you get the hang of how to shade & blend, use your own pallets/colors & the possibilities are endless :) !  * .

KelliansMom
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Emilynorl83 on YouTube :) she has the easiest looks to do :).
I also found just playing around with he makeup help me get better at applying it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
erikays
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:06 PM
Do you have pinterest? Maybe you can pin somethings. I'm not a pro in the makeup department either, I love pinterest lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mstrendygirl
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this

It just takes practice the rule to applying eyeshadow is when you apply it never brush it on. or you will have fallout  underneath your eye . it's more like dab it on when you get eyeshadow on your brush tap of the excess eyeshadow and pat it on. the best way to blend eyeshadow is just think of your windshield wipers on your car that go back and fourth and you do the same thing  going back and fourth that pretty much what you do using a blending fluffy brush..let me see if i can find some simple easy tutorials on youtube since i follow quite a few makeup gurus on there hope what i explained was helpful im a makeup junkie so i have learned over the years on how to do makeup :)

pixiemg1
by Amy on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:26 PM

Youtube is great for this.  Pixiewoo, EmilyNoel83 and Makeupgeek are good ones to start with.

jenniferlee_12
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Youtube and Pinterest. Oh and trial and error.

kellynh
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:48 PM
YouTube is awesome
Kmakksmom
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:57 AM

I have one of those eyeshadow things that says 1...2...3...4 so that I don't mess it up, lol.

Eyeshadow is so NOT my thing :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)