Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just wondering what you would do?

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:00 PM
  • 9 Replies

Hey ladies I have been informed on kind of short notice from my husband that we have a friend's wedding to go to in April. We have no idea if its a formal or semi formal or not a formal wedding at all. I live in Wisconsin where the weather becomes rather unpredictable once Winter is over. I was thinking about getting a white tiered maxi skirt (I don't like wearing black to a wedding) and wearing a dressy shirt with it that I can wear for the wedding, Easter and any other time over Spring and Summer? What is your opinion/thoughts on this?

****Update**** I got ahold of the bride and she said that she is considering having the wedding at a park during the day and then not sure on the reception yet. The bride plans on wearing a dress and the groom wants to wear black jeans and a nice shirt. I'm definately NOT wearing jeans to the wedding since that is not the type of person that I am and I don't feel right doing that. I like to show up at least looking decent without upstaging the bride. I am thinking of going with an off white skirt and a dressy shirt.

by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
littlemascara
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:02 PM

what time of day is the wedding, and can you ask if it's formal, etc? 

jenniferlee_12
by Jenn on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:03 PM

I am not big on white to a wedding, but that is just me.

littlemascara
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Quoting jenniferlee_12:

I agree there, I think it's generally etiquette to reserve it for the bride. 

pink_angel85
by Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:10 PM

I might go with an off white skirt that way I can wear it with one of my other tops that I have. Depends on what I am able to find. I was initially thinking white because it goes with everything. Thanks for the reminder on that ladies.

Quoting littlemascara:

Quoting jenniferlee_12:

I agree there, I think it's generally etiquette to reserve it for the bride. 

MamaMandee
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:15 PM

What time of day & the venue should lend a clue how to dress. 

Gweneveer
by Colleen on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I think it's ok depending on the time of day and the venue. I m all for buying things that can be reworn!! Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
alliesmom112
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:22 AM

I wouldn't wear white but maybe off white or pastels 

blondiemomof2
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:59 AM
Agree with the others. You aren't supposed to wear white to a wedding. Isn't there any way to get ahold of them to ask what kind of wedding it will be?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessi2girls
by Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:04 AM

black is more acceptable than white to wear to a wedding.. perhaps a like khaki color instead might work if you are worried about matching?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)