Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

Nails

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:04 AM
  • 16 Replies

Do you keep them long or short?  Polished or not?  Do you give yourself regular manicures?  Or do you have them done professionally?  

If you do them at home, how do you keep your cuticles in check?  

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tamara.wright
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:05 AM

I do my nails every other day. I love having my nails painted. I do them myself. cuticles i find you shouldnt touch them. they are meant to be there, why mess with them ? 

goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:07 AM

Short and usually unpolished.

AleaKat
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:08 AM
I do my own. Every time I get them done professionally it hurts.
I keep them long but not super long. I polish them with Sally Hansens Hard as Nails clear polish and sometimes I add a color on top.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pixiemg1
by Amy on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:17 AM

I love doing my own nails and have a huge polish collection.  I tend to do them every 2-3 days.  They are medium length and are natural.  To keep cuticles looking good I moisturize constantly with a cuticle cream. 

Rushn311
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:28 AM

I get mine done  by a nail technician every two weeks. They aren't short  or  super long...perfect length if  that makes  sense. I always get different colors or designs. 

I have cuticle cutters  that I will use right around the 2nd week of not getting nails done. I DO NOT like overgrown cuticles.

Gweneveer
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:31 AM
What do you find to be most effective on trimming cuticles? Which kind.of tool? Mine grow so much and I never know which works best?

Quoting Rushn311:

I get mine done  by a nail technician every two weeks. They aren't short  or  super long...perfect length if  that makes  sense. I always get different colors or designs. 

I have cuticle cutters  that I will use right around the 2nd week of not getting nails done. I DO NOT like overgrown cuticles.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Rushn311
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:33 AM

I use the metal cuticle trimmer. I wait until they are literally growing after my nail lady trims them for me...I'd say they  last one or two weeks

Quoting Gweneveer:

What do you find to be most effective on trimming cuticles? Which kind.of tool? Mine grow so much and I never know which works best?

Quoting Rushn311:

jenniferlee_12
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Short and plain most of the time. I don't have time to let the polish dry.

erikays
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:26 AM
Short and polished.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pixiemg1
by Amy on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Use a Quick Dry Topcoat and your nails will be dry within minutes.

Quoting jenniferlee_12:

Short and plain most of the time. I don't have time to let the polish dry.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN