Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

Ask the Expert: How do you create beauty from within? WINNER ANNOUNCED

Posted by   + Show Post

Congratulations to Lovingmommywife as the winner of the Nature's Bounty Optimal Solutions - Ask the Expert Giveaway!

Beauty is more than skin deep! Diet, lifestyle - even attitude can impact the way we feel AND the way we look!   

Want to learn more? 

We're thrilled that natural beauty expert, Jessa Blades, will be joining us to answer YOUR questions on how to enhance your beauty, naturally!

Jessa Blades is a makeup artist, natural beauty expert and women's health advocate. You can learn more about Jessa here!

Ask Jessa your questions in the replies below, and you'll be entered to win a $25 gift card from drugstore.com!                                        

Jessa's answers begin here >>

Giveaway rules:
The giveaway starts 1/10/13 at 9 am (ET) and ends 1/20/2013 at midnight (ET) (the "Giveaway Period").

• Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Giveaway Period.
  • Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning.
  • One winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a $25 gift card to drugstore.com.
  • The random drawing shall occur on or about 1/21/13.
  • No Purchase Necessary.
  • Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older.
  • Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:47 AM
Replies (171-180):
camilieyes
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:57 AM
Is there a good permanent hair coloring that you would suggest?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
camilieyes
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:58 AM
What would you suggest to do about stretch mark scars?
camilieyes
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:59 AM
What is the best way to prevent dry or cracked heels?
camilieyes
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:02 AM
When loosing weight is it possible to prevent your breast from becoming smaller and or shrinking and causing wrinkles or sagging?
camilieyes
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:03 AM
What do you suggest to get rid of skin tags?
Jessa_Blades
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Quoting EvAndrea86:

Have you tried coco-butter lotion?

Hi EvAndrea86-

I have tried coco-butter lotion but it tends to have some ingredients that I try to avoid in the formulas. Instead, try raw/organic/virgin coconut oil or shea butter. To really and deeply moisturize skin, look for a body butter that has organic oils in it and beeswax. This will help lock in the moisture.

Jessa_Blades
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Quoting Apr1l:

Do u like non chemical nail polishes? What brands are good?

Hi Apr1l-

Some "clean" nail polish companies are:

Kure Bazaar,Scotch Naturals and RGB... they all avoid these nasty ingredients: formaldehyde, dibutyl phthalate (DBP), and toluene.

Jessa_Blades
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:59 PM

Quoting Sunshine257:

Is agave nectar a good substitute for sugar or is it as bad as high fructose corn syrup?

Hi Sunshine257-

I'm not really into agave nectar, I'm not an expert on it but I've not heard great things. To sweeten- I like to use real maple syrup or raw honey. They taste amazing and honey has strong medicinal properties and maple syrup has good minerals.

Jessa_Blades
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Quoting BluLady:

Also my son and I both have eczema, is there any one product that we both may be able to use.

Hi BluLady-

For eczema- it is best to not use too much, as it will dry out the skin. Avoid fragrance detergents and soaps and lotions. For healing- you could both try using an aloe vera gel or a calendula lotion or cream or raw/organic coconut oil. Hopefully those products will calm down your skin.

Jessa_Blades
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:11 PM

Quoting camilieyes:

What do you suggest to get rid of skin tags?

Hi Camilieyes-

Best to go to a dermatologist when dealing with skin tags. I've hear all sorts of remedies- apple cider vineger, tea tree oil, thread, witch hazel... but I think it is a very personal decison and probably, in this case, the doctor knows best.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)