Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

Ask the Expert: How do you create beauty from within? WINNER ANNOUNCED

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:47 AM
  • 195 Replies
4 moms liked this

Congratulations to Lovingmommywife as the winner of the Nature's Bounty Optimal Solutions - Ask the Expert Giveaway!

Beauty is more than skin deep! Diet, lifestyle - even attitude can impact the way we feel AND the way we look!   

Want to learn more? 

We're thrilled that natural beauty expert, Jessa Blades, will be joining us to answer YOUR questions on how to enhance your beauty, naturally!

Jessa Blades is a makeup artist, natural beauty expert and women's health advocate. You can learn more about Jessa here!

Ask Jessa your questions in the replies below, and you'll be entered to win a $25 gift card from drugstore.com!                                        

Jessa's answers begin here >>

Giveaway rules:
The giveaway starts 1/10/13 at 9 am (ET) and ends 1/20/2013 at midnight (ET) (the "Giveaway Period").

• Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Giveaway Period.
  • Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning.
  • One winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a $25 gift card to drugstore.com.
  • The random drawing shall occur on or about 1/21/13.
  • No Purchase Necessary.
  • Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older.
  • Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommyoftwoluvs
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this
What can I do about dry skin specially in my face ???
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
madmueller
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:24 AM
2 moms liked this

Greetings Jessica!

I have heard this on numerous occasions from fellow friends but wanted to know if this is true - and safe?

Does using preparation H or Tucks really help to get rid of wrinkles around the eyes and on the forehead?

I know it sounds nasty, but just would like to know if it actually works?

aidyns_mommy
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:25 AM
I am only 23. I look so much older. My skin (face) sucks! What is a good regime too keep looking youthful, reduce pores, and even skin tones & clear up acne?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
matreshka
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:26 AM

What can I do about the fine lines on my face caused by eczema breakouts and the hyrdocortizone cream I used to use to heal it?

CookieMom108
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:27 AM

Oh I'm so happy to have an expert to ask!  What can I do about these big ugly random pimples that pop up out of nowhere?!  I don't get them that often, but when I do, they just Won't. Go. AWAY.  The kind that don't have a white head to them, kinda like below the skin and painful.  I've tired: salycic acid 2%, benzoyl peroxide 10%, witch hazel, toothpaste, apple cider vinegar, calamine lotion .... pretty much anything that's been recommended  to me I've tried without success.  I dont wear make up unless I'm going out, and when I do it's Physicians Formula mineral powder make up which I thought was not too bad for your skin. Help!

matreshka
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:27 AM

I have very dry skin all over my body, especially in the winter, no matter what I use, oils, body butters, my own handmade soap, it flakes like crazy, what can I do to soothe my skin?

CookieMom108
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:29 AM

What's the best wrinkle cream, that doesn't cost a fortune? Specifically, wrinkles around my eyes and those lines from my nose to my mouth.  

Apr1l
by Katie on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:31 AM
Hello =)
What are your favorite make up brands?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MelisaAnderson
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:31 AM
My dd has eczema and her skin is so thick and horrible looking(like calloused looking) even though the site isn't broke out(mostly around her ankles). I'm afraid when she gets older she will be embarrassed and it will affect the way she dresses.
Is there anything out there to help soften her skin?
nana9106
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Hi Jessica! I am 46 and I have an issue with my hair being too dry and brittle. Do you have any suggestions?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN