Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

Frizzy Hair

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:49 AM
  • 13 Replies

Every time I wash my hair (try for every other day if not everyday) my hair is frizzy or poofy. The only way I know how to fix this is to flat iron my hair. Is there something else I can use to make my hair shiny and straight that won't damage it?

by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.Holly.
by Holly on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:56 AM
To make it shiny try a coconut oil hair mask.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FlyingMommy747
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:09 AM

I am in the same boat, but if I do let it go curly I try to let it dry naturally and it is not nearly as frizzy.

ceciliam
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:25 AM

Try a deep conditioning treatment and lay off the flat iron. If you must use your flat iron, make sure you are using a thermal protectant. Another good thing to use is a shine serum....I really love Biosilk by Farouk.

jeepninja
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:36 PM

Thanks, I'll try to find Biosilk for a shine serum. Do you have a deep conditioning treatment that works well for you? My hair has always been straight until recently now its frizzy.

Apr1l
by Katie on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:42 PM
A gentler shampoo, one that doesn't make a huge lather (one that doesnt have sulfates in it or has it in top 5 ingredients) BC that will dry it and create all this fluff and poof
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jeepninja
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Thanks, I'll look and see what I can find.

mp3mom
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:02 PM

Moroccan oil works like a charm; there are many products now that contain it. I use http://www.moroccanoil.com/usa/countryselector

Gweneveer
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:38 PM
I flat iron my hair every day for precisely this reason. Nothing I have tried has worked!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jeepninja
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:47 PM

Quoting mp3mom:

Moroccan oil works like a charm; there are many products now that contain it. I use http://www.moroccanoil.com/usa/countryselector

Which shampoo do you use from this site? I was thinking of trying the hydrating shampoo/conditioner.

Rushn311
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 3:04 PM

I put mousse in my hair

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN