Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

Kelly Ripa admits Botox: 'It makes my makeup artist's life easier'

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:12 PM
  • 11 Replies

Kelly Ripa gets Botox injected into her armpits, among other places. That should be enough to grab you right there. The "Live! with Kelly and Michael" host spoke with Elle Magazine to discuss her new co-host Michael Strahan, her marriage and family, and of course, her workout. What stuck out the most, though, was the host admitting to occasional Botox injections.

When discussing how she looked so flawless after a hard workout, the host mentioned sometimes getting Botox injections in her armpits to avoid sweating. That's not the only place she gets them, though. She also admitted to getting them in her face, saying, "Every seven months or so my eyelid skin rests on my eyelashes. So I feel like it makes my makeup artist's life easier, and it makes my eyes look a little more open on TV, which is where I happen to work right now."

Ripa isn't the first celebrity to rely on Botox to try to defy her age and she certainly won't be the last. Hopefully, she doesn't become a cautionary tale of people who abuse the cosmetic procedure.

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.Holly.
by Holly on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:12 PM

"Hopefully, she doesn't become a cautionary tale of people who abuse the cosmetic procedure."

It's horrible what it's done to some people's faces that go extreme with it. Ack.

sophiesmom07
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:27 PM

Well, it looks good right now, hopefully she won't go over board.

mstrendygirl
by Irene on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:38 PM

my thoughts exactly

Quoting sophiesmom07:

ae86mommy
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:39 PM
1 mom liked this
She has the money, why the hell not. If that's all she's had done-woman still looks amazing for her age :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blondiemomof2
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I wish I could afford it! :)

Christy619
by Christy on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:41 PM

How old is she?

Apr1l
by Katie on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:49 PM

Quoting Christy619:

How old is she?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Apr1l
by Katie on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:50 PM
And blocking sweat...seems like a bad idea...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AimSnapHolz
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 2:13 AM

My thoughts exactly.

Quoting sophiesmom07:

Zadidoll
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 2:29 AM

I'm 38 and will be getting Botox some time this summer. Why? Because I've noticed the skin on my forehead has become  less firm and a bit droopy. My eyelids are starting to become hooded and I never had hooded lids so I know age is starting to set in. I would even consider filled for under my eyes and around my eyes because I have deep lines not fine lines.

She's a a public personality and unfortunately she HAS to maintain her weight and looks because tv execs essentially demand women to look youthful and perky. Remember she replaced Kathy Lee because Kathy Lee was considered too old for the show and eventually Regis was replaced. It's only a matter of time before she's replaced with someone younger.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)