Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Michelle Obama's new 'do

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:06 PM
  • 25 Replies

The First Lady turned 49 today and showed off her new haircut, what do you think?

Michelle Obama, David Hall

In this image released by the White House, first lady Michelle Obama greets David Hall, one of eight citizen co-chairs for the Inauguration, in the Diplomatic Reception Room of the White House in Washington, Thursday, Jan. 17, 2013. The photo is showing something different about Obama - bangs in her hair. (AP Photo/The White House, Lawrence Jackson)

WASHINGTON (AP) — There's something a little different these days about Michelle Obama: bangs in her hair.

The first lady's office posted a picture of Mrs. Obama's new do on her new Twitter feed Thursday. It shows her meeting at the White House with one of eight citizens named co-chairs of President Barack Obama's inauguration.

The last time Mrs. Obama was seen in public, earlier this month when she and her family returned from Hawaii, her dark, shoulder-length hair was held away from her face by a headband. Her next public appearances will come Saturday, when she helps kick off several days of inaugural festivities.

Thursday turned out to be a busy day for the first lady. Along with the new Twitter presence, she celebrated her 49th birthday.

January is Cervical Cancer Awareness Month!

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
timon95
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:16 PM
2 moms liked this

ummm...i don't really remember what her hair looked like before her "new" do. and honestly - big deal! how much did it cost? how much is this ball costing us taxpayers!? why have balls when the country is having issues, use the money to help the country, not party!

Charizma77
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:06 PM

It kind of looks like she's wearing a wig. It's a nice hairstyle but not a "wow" or anything.

littlemascara
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:54 AM
1 mom liked this

This year there are 2 balls, down from 10 in 2009 when President Obama raised $53 million in private money for innauguration costs.  This year's costs have yet to be reported and calculated.  The stuff like balls, parties, etc is privately funded.  Security is footed by taxpayers for ALL Presidents.

Mrs. Obama pays for her own haircuts, like other First Ladies before her. 

Quoting timon95:

ummm...i don't really remember what her hair looked like before her "new" do. and honestly - big deal! how much did it cost? how much is this ball costing us taxpayers!? why have balls when the country is having issues, use the money to help the country, not party!

Christy619
by Christy on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:58 AM
Its nice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ms-superwoman
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:01 AM

I don't know, I think I liked it better before.

littlemascara
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting ms-superwoman:

I think I did too, but god I hope I look that good at 49.  I saw her this Fall and she is GORGEOUS.

ms-superwoman
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:04 AM

Right she is hoooot!

Quoting littlemascara:

Quoting ms-superwoman:

I think I did too, but god I hope I look that good at 49.  I saw her this Fall and she is GORGEOUS.

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:14 AM

I've only seen it from this angle.  I need to see how it looks straight on.  A lot of people on FB are saying its a wig.

Kainalu55
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:55 AM
Ok
KristaElizabeth
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:29 AM
1 mom liked this
She's beautiful. I love her clothes her hair is cute on her though.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)