Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

Well I liked my haircut Before leaving salon..

Posted by   + Show Post
Now I hate it. I can't get it like she did it at all. And it's too short. Grr!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:30 PM
Replies (11-20):
Madammeke
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:12 AM
Go back make her show it how to do it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kayelynnesmommy
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:27 AM
I am a hair dresser. First off was it too short when you left the salon or is it just too short for you to style?
0Glitter0
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:47 AM

the last time i went the lady messed my hair up so bad even my mom was laughing at me, i was so upset, she butchered my hair, sorry you had that experience, it isnt fun at all, you expect them to know what they are doing and when you tell them what you want they should be able to do it that way

chrisnjoesmom
by Adrienne on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:19 AM
It's not too short to style it's just the layers are oddly placed and it looks choppy and ugly when I style it

Quoting kayelynnesmommy:

I am a hair dresser. First off was it too short when you left the salon or is it just too short for you to style?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kayelynnesmommy
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Go back and tell her you arent satisfied with the cut and that the layers are too choppy and ask that they be blended better without removing any length and then ask her to show you how to style it properly. At my salon this would be free you may have to pay half or so depending on the salon. Usually if you explain you arent satisifed they will fix it for free.

Quoting chrisnjoesmom:

It's not too short to style it's just the layers are oddly placed and it looks choppy and ugly when I style it

Quoting kayelynnesmommy:

kayelynnesmommy
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:31 AM
Did you go to a chain salon or a local private owned salon? Also was this your first trip to that salon or is this your usuall stylist?

Quoting kayelynnesmommy:

Go back and tell her you arent satisfied with the cut and that the layers are too choppy and ask that they be blended better without removing any length and then ask her to show you how to style it properly. At my salon this would be free you may have to pay half or so depending on the salon. Usually if you explain you arent satisifed they will fix it for free.

Quoting chrisnjoesmom:

Quoting kayelynnesmommy:

chrisnjoesmom
by Adrienne on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:33 AM
It's a nice spa/salon. I tried someone different cause I didn't think my other hair cut from there was great either but it was better than this.

Quoting kayelynnesmommy:

Did you go to a chain salon or a local private owned salon? Also was this your first trip to that salon or is this your usuall stylist?

Quoting kayelynnesmommy:

Quoting chrisnjoesmom:

Quoting kayelynnesmommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sununner36
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:39 PM

such a shame.  I haven't found a good stylist so I haven't gotten my hair cut in over 4 years. I would love to have it cut and styled. Not willing to pay the $40 to get that done because it is a bill I could have paid. Besides my hair is thinning on the top so badly don't think there would ever be a style that would look good.

autiemama516
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:41 PM

I had the exact same thing happen to me Friday at Smartstyle! My usual girl wasn't there and I have short choppy layers! I am too embarrassed to post a pic!

blondiemomof2
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:31 PM

Yes post pics! We may be able to help you style it like she did.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN