Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

Adult Acne.....I Need Help :(

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:04 PM
  • 9 Replies

Hello Ladies! I'm 26 years old and I've been struggling with acne for a 3-4 years now. I never had any skin problems as a teenager. Just the occasional pimple. I've been seeing a dermo for 2 years and nothing is helping me! I've tried everything over the counter and prescribed! AT first I thought it was my BC causing the acne. I've been off BC for a few months now and my acne is not getting any better. Some days it looks ok (not as red) and then the next day it flares up really bad again. I'm 26.....I don't want to deal with this anymore! It's so embarrassing. I'm very insecure about it and I'm getting to the point where I don't even want to go out in public anymore! Has anyone here suffered from adult acne?? I need advice! Can anyone recommend a cure/good product or home remedy!!???

by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Apr1l
by Katie on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:16 PM
I did and it caused scarring years ago which are fading, what worked for me waschanging diet. I was working a lot and eating crap, changed that and skin began clearing up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof3_dll
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:35 PM

I've struggled with adult acne and ever since I started doing the oil cleanse method, it's never come back.  Here's a link to what it is...

Oil Cleanse Method

redlily31
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:21 PM
Ive been struggling with acne since a teenager. My skin is much better now with my routine but I have some scarring leftover. But I always wear foundation in public. Feel free to message me if you have any questions. But I found anything made for acne actually made my skin waaay worse! My skin is so sensitive that it just irritated it and made acne. So I use a gentle natural foaming facewash morning and night then I use coconut oil as a moisturizer. I also have a couple other senstive skin lotions that work well if I need extra moisture in the winter. You can also wash your face with coconut oil which I have tried but I prefer to use it as a moisturizer instead. If you don't know much about coconut oil it helps counteracts natural oil and evens that out plus its antibacterial and so if fights acne without being harsh. I strongly suggest you work it into your routine! I also use a citrus peel once a week. Any other form of exfoliation aggravates my acne. If you want specif products I use let me know! I hope it gets better soon.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
0Glitter0
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:35 PM

my husband took acutane and he said it worked but it is now off the market, we both are 34 and we still break out, he uses Clearasil everynight and it seems to work for him, we know how you feel, i would suggest using sensitive skin produts, ones without perfume or dyes , even makeup can break our skin types out, Dove Sensitive skin soap is great to use too. Natural products work great, let me do some research for you on what is best

ReadWriteLuv
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:40 PM

I'm about to be 36 and I never had any issues with acne until I turned 30. My skin went nuts, specifically with outbreaks along my jawline and lower cheeks. Birth control cleared up my skin, but made me gain unwanted weight. After I went off, the acne returned. I had been searching for years for something that would work and I finally have a few go-to products. None of them are cheap, but it's worth it. Argan oil changed my life. I use Josie Maran products and they are amazing. They don't make your skin oily like you think , they leave it soft and moisturized and don't break you out. I use the cleanser, the actual argan oil, and the daily moisturizer with SPF. These products keep me much clearer than any anti-acne product I've ever used. When I do have a zit pop up, I use Ole Henricksen spot treatment. It's the best zit-cream ever. 

Good luck to you.

ProudMommie86
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Thanks for the great advice ladies! I'll definitely try/research all your recommendations! I'm glad I'm not the only one out there with this problem! I feel much better now :) Thanks again!

littlemascara
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:28 PM

I really believe in sulfur products, you can use sulfur soap and ointment from various brands, my kids use De La Cruz. 

littlemascara
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:30 PM

I like her argan oil too.  I also use Tarte maracuja oil and a lot of people say it helps acne.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

I'm about to be 36 and I never had any issues with acne until I turned 30. My skin went nuts, specifically with outbreaks along my jawline and lower cheeks. Birth control cleared up my skin, but made me gain unwanted weight. After I went off, the acne returned. I had been searching for years for something that would work and I finally have a few go-to products. None of them are cheap, but it's worth it. Argan oil changed my life. I use Josie Maran products and they are amazing. They don't make your skin oily like you think , they leave it soft and moisturized and don't break you out. I use the cleanser, the actual argan oil, and the daily moisturizer with SPF. These products keep me much clearer than any anti-acne product I've ever used. When I do have a zit pop up, I use Ole Henricksen spot treatment. It's the best zit-cream ever. 

Good luck to you.

January is Cervical Cancer Awareness Month!

AimSnapHolz
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:53 AM

I have no idea... I got lucky enough to not have that problem. Here's a bump for you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN