Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

Does your DH or SO hate makeup or...

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:03 PM
  • 36 Replies

think it is too much on you? My husband hates makeup all together i think. I put on some deep red last night and he said that does not look good and i painted my fingernails and he said it stinks so bad, lol does your hubby or so do that?

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momof3_dll
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Mine doesn't care as long as I'm happy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
my4boys2002
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:51 PM
3 moms liked this
He doesn't mind the actual makeup he doesn't like the cost of it though
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pixiemg1
by Amy on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:58 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband doesn't mind it.  He hates it when I paint my nails but I just tell him to go out in the garage and the problem is solved.  

Apr1l
by Katie on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:00 PM
1 mom liked this
He likes the effort I do when I do it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaMandee
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:31 PM
1 mom liked this

He could care less either way. 

0Glitter0
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:33 PM

I think its because he has asthma and i need to find some odorless polish but he has no excuse for the lip stick, lol

ae86mommy
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:34 PM
He hates me with makeup on. He especially hates bold lip colors and winged eyeliner. He prefers me with a very natural eye and a nude lip.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellybeanjean
by JeanJeanie on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:40 PM

He doens't hate it, but he says i look better without it. Of course he changes his mind if hes seen me without makeup a lot and then one day I do it up lol.

susan115
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:43 PM

No...actually only (1) time, I was tired and did a awful job with my eyeliner and trying to fix it, it got worse.  Although, red is a popular color, it doesn't always look good on a skin types. If you have blue undertones, your red lipstick should have blue undertones, and if you have a yellow undertone your red lipstick should have a orange undertone.  If that is your picture, you are very pretty, I don't think you need much make up.(not trying to weird you out).

0Glitter0
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:51 PM

oh gosh thanks, yes it's me , i think he likes more of a natural look , i do too but i am starting to love makeup later in life i guess, i had products growing up but never really got into anything but lips and eyes, i love color

Quoting susan115:

No...actually only (1) time, I was tired and did a awful job with my eyeliner and trying to fix it, it got worse.  Although, red is a popular color, it doesn't always look good on a skin types. If you have blue undertones, your red lipstick should have blue undertones, and if you have a yellow undertone your red lipstick should have a orange undertone.  If that is your picture, you are very pretty, I don't think you need much make up.(not trying to weird you out).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)