Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

Oils for Skincare.

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:52 AM
  • 10 Replies

Does anyone here use oils as part of there skincare routine? Or in place of general skincare? If so what oils do you use?

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ToYnyc
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:38 AM

i sometimes squeeze the oil from a vitamin E capsule, and i also use olive oil sometimes

ToYnyc
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:39 AM

BUMP!

Apr1l
by Katie on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:12 AM
Coconut oil for hair, rosehip seed oil for face, argan oil for hands
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlemascara
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:06 AM

I use argan and maracuja oil for hair and skin, and monoi oil for hair and body (and as a perfume oil).  I also have body oil wah from L'Occitane.

momof3_dll
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:21 PM

I use 1/3 castor oil, 2/3 jojoba oil with 10 drops of lavender essential oil.  This is to cleanse my face once a day.  For moisturizer I use either jojoba oil or argan oil.

.Holly.
by Holly on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:02 PM
Yes. Aside from the skincare line I use, I also use a variety of oils for different homemade masks, weekly treatments, etc. I like to do a few times a week. I use many different ones depending on what I want to do. Sweet almond, argan, coconut, frankencense, avocado to name a few.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mikemantha
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I just started an all natural skin care routine ! I'm prone to acne even at 30 now and have on,y been using this for a few weeks and my skin looks healthier . Once a day use mixture of castor oil and extra virgin olive oil ( just eye ball it more castor oil than Evoo) , rub onto face and then use warm water as warm as you can handle and soak a rag and lay over your face to steam . Then rinse rag and wipe off face . Then I use which hazel with lavender to tone my face .  Then a spray bottle with grapefruit essential oil andante just water to scrappy to face . And last jojoba oil for moisturizer . Works wonders ! 

Vicariously
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a slight oil addiction... lol I use Jojoba, Castor, Apricot Kernel, Coconut and Tea Tree Oil for hair masks. Rosehip Seed Oil for under my eyes and extra moisture in other face areas. Castor Oil for dark circles and eyelashes. Sweet Almond, Avocado, coconut and Apricot Kernel for my lotion mix (my son used the same thing).

Charlotte1608
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Argh I hear ya. I'm 24 and I still get breakouts. It sucks and I hate it. That's why i'm trying oils, natural skincare works so much better on my super sensitive skin.

Quoting mikemantha:

I just started an all natural skin care routine ! I'm prone to acne even at 30 now and have on,y been using this for a few weeks and my skin looks healthier . Once a day use mixture of castor oil and extra virgin olive oil ( just eye ball it more castor oil than Evoo) , rub onto face and then use warm water as warm as you can handle and soak a rag and lay over your face to steam . Then rinse rag and wipe off face . Then I use which hazel with lavender to tone my face .  Then a spray bottle with grapefruit essential oil andante just water to scrappy to face . And last jojoba oil for moisturizer . Works wonders ! 

mikemantha
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:17 PM

I have tried everything from expensive Clinique to oil of Olay and nothing worked until now . I will post the directions for what I have been using . It is working really good and can be tweaked for you personally . That's the beauty of it ;) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN