Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty Starts Within Challenge Day 1: Take a Deep Breath!

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:41 PM
  • 106 Replies
1 mom liked this

Breathing. It's something we do without even thinking.  BUT, if you spend just a little time focusing on your breath, it can relax and invigorate you! Today's challenge is to take a deep breath!

Put your phone on silent, turn off the TV, and find a quiet spot where you can be all alone. Clear your mind and take a few deep breaths to relax. Release any negativity or criticisms you are feeling and focus on only positive things.

simple smile

Do you have a difficult time finding a few minutes to yourself each day? What are some things you do to relax your body and mind?

If you haven't signed up for the Beauty Starts Within Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xomrs.chase
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I try and find time to myself each day. Bubble bath helps
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:27 PM
I never have alone time. I don't do anything, that's part of why I'm so stressed
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ninamsi
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:28 PM

I try to get up early and read.  It helps me start my day with hope.

Zadidoll
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Do you have a difficult time finding a few minutes to yourself each day? What are some things you do to relax your body and mind?

No, I have plenty of time each day to myself. I think a wee bit TOO MUCH time. LOL To relax body and mind I do stretching exercises, feels so good to stretch.

laughnchica
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:32 PM

I struggle with finding alone time. I feel guilty sometimes or else we are just too busy for me to go sit somewhere and be by myself for a few minutes. Something I need to practice doing though!

SabrinaLC
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:33 PM

My time to myself is my evening workout and then my shower.  About 90% of the time I get to do both alone.

I don't usually find time to relax though, I know I really should.

KelliansMom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:35 PM

gym time or my run during my sons preschool hours are my alone time ..it really does help to just let it all out and relax

Jenn8604
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Time alone? What's that?
I will have to squeeze some time in some where. Maybe when i go to the bathroom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heidi_val
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:36 PM
I can't go to the bathroom alone
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetLuci
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:37 PM

I do take time for myself-otherwise everyone suffers. I have a little sign that say "When mama's not happy, nobody's happy". lol

I close the bedroom door and read...or come on CafeMom-it relaxes and rejuveniates me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)