Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

Beauty Starts Within Challenge Day 2: Get Physical

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:35 PM
  • 92 Replies
1 mom liked this

Exercise is not only good for your body, it's great for your mood! Today's challenge is to get physical!

Even a little exercise can make you feel great. Today, do something fun!  Crank up the music and dance with the kids until your sides hurt.  Play Wii.  Go for a long walk.  Anything to get you moving! Aim to exercise for 30 minutes each day. You can even break it up into two 15 minutes sessions. Exercise helps to release tension, tone your body, energize your skin, and nurture your spirit!

jumping rope     treadmill       dancing     listening to tunes

What are you doing to get moving today? What exercises will you do? Do you feel better both mentally and physically after exercising?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Beauty Starts Within Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shishie
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:55 PM

I exercise every day, with those workouts on cable.

brrmom81
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:56 PM

I did 20 minutes on my ellyptical, hand weights, squats, and 100 crunches!  :-)

pixiemg1
by Amy on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:58 PM

We got Just Dance 3 for Christmas and my daughter & I have been doing it everyday.  I do feel energized after doing it.

SabrinaLC
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:00 PM

I played with the kids this morning.  Balloons can be a lot of fun!

I'm planning to get a walking workout in sometime before my oldest gets home from school and then I have a workout planned for after dinner.

MommeisQueen
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:06 PM
Its a little warmer outside so we went for a quick walk and later I'll dance on the Kinect with the kids.
la_bella_vita
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:12 PM

I already got physical today : )

batjmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:15 PM
I love my elliptical. I usually do anywhere from 40 minutes to 1 hour and 15 minutes depending what I have on the DVR. That also my "me time" I feel so much better after my workout time
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
xomrs.chase
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:20 PM
I play with and chase around ds all day lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sophiesmom07
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:33 PM

I did Zumba Exhilarate dvd and tried Core Rhythms on youtube. I did about 15 mins of it,  but couldn't get into it. 

kcangel63
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:36 PM
Baby is only 3 weeks, so I'm taking it easy. I do stretches and 35 squats every few days.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)