Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

Plus size in Paris

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:57 PM
  • 19 Replies

In March some friends and family and I are going to Paris for 7 days and I'm kinda freaking out about what I'm going to wear. 

I'd like to look nice but as a SAHM my usual is just jeans and a t-shirt with a pair of skater type shoes.  I'm looking for some outfit ideas if anyone has a few minutes to help me out.  I mostly shop at places like Lane Bryant and I wear a size 16/18 (I'm at the half-way point with my weight loss as I've lost 70 lbs so far and have 70 to go to my goal)  Though I doubt I'll be down more then 1 more size before the trip so any ideas are welcome!

For a starting point the weather in March in Paris is in the 40s-50s.

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jellybeanjean
by JeanJeanie on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Don't worry the French will hate you no matter what you wear. Just bring a French dictionary and attempt some basic phrases. Remember an umbrella - last time I was in France it rained like England!

Zadidoll
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:55 PM

LOL She's right.

Don't worry about what others think. I would suggest that you get clothes that flatter your body and are stylish. Doesn't matter if you're a zero or a 20 so long as you look nice and feel comfortable is all that matters.

Apr1l
by Katie on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:59 PM

Apr1l
by Katie on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:00 PM

Apr1l
by Katie on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Apr1l
by Katie on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:03 PM
2 moms liked this

Apr1l
by Katie on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:06 PM
2 moms liked this

ToYnyc
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:15 PM

check out Torrid.com they have lots of cute trendy clothes and accessories for plus sizes

Vertical15
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:16 PM

Its true I'm not overly worried about what the French themselves think of me.  My money will help theri economy LoL  I took french in high school years ago.  I'm banking on some of that coming back!  Well, I doubt it will but we also have our translation books at the ready! 

Thanks for the umbrella tip-can I take that through an airport?  I'm guessing I'll have to fit it into my bag, too!

Quoting jellybeanjean:

Don't worry the French will hate you no matter what you wear. Just bring a French dictionary and attempt some basic phrases. Remember an umbrella - last time I was in France it rained like England!

Vertical15
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:17 PM

I want to be comfy but I also don't want to wear my typical t-shirts so I'm planning on buying a few new pieces for the trip. 

Quoting Zadidoll:

LOL She's right.

Don't worry about what others think. I would suggest that you get clothes that flatter your body and are stylish. Doesn't matter if you're a zero or a 20 so long as you look nice and feel comfortable is all that matters.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)