Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need help with basics

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:13 AM
  • 6 Replies
I've never really wore a lot of makeup. What's some good tips and products to use. And yes the best way to apply it. I'm a rookie at this ...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
KelliansMom
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:15 AM
YouTube is a great place to start if you want a visual of how to apply things. Emilynoel83 has some really easy simple stuff :). It's also best to just play around with things find what works for you :) just have fun.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ToYnyc
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Try the Naked Pallette by Urban Decay eye shadow if you like a natural look,sometimes people who dont wear alot of makeup dont usually want to try bold colors right away.

CorpCityGrl
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Head to YouTube and watch some make-up tutorials.  They have great ones that are really informative.

If you want to start off, start off with a more neutral palette and build up to more dramatic palettes.  Also don't be afraid to experiment or even to walk into a Sephora or a department store make-up counter and ask questions - they are there to show you and help you out.

amonkeymom
by Amy on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:50 PM

Welcome!

You might want to go to Ulta or some place and ask for a makeover.  You can ask questions, discuss what you do and don't like or need and get some really good tips.

PipSqueek1582
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Sephora and Ulta are both great places to go!  Be careful with Ulta though...make sure you ask up front if there will be a charge for for advice or a make-up application.  I was shocked when I was slapped with a $50 bill after a visit there!  Don't get me wrong- I love Ulta...just wanted to give you a heads-up!

erikays
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:40 PM
Pinterest and YouTube has been helpful for me! I'm still a rookie, I've always done really basic makeup :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)