Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty Starts Within Challenge Day 4: Hydrate!

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:04 PM
  • 79 Replies
2 moms liked this

A great way to feel better on the inside and out is to drink plenty of water. As we get older we lose moisture within our skin. Water helps to keep your skin cells moist and prevent premature aging. Today's challenge is to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day!

Here are some tips to help increase your daily water intake:

• Start drinking water as soon as you wake up.
  • Drink 2 cups of water with each meal.
  • Add lemons or limes to make it taste better.
  • Eat water rich foods like watermelons.
  • Sip water during your entire workout.
  • Buy a water bottle that holds the amount of water you want to drink each day. For a smaller water bottle, calculate how many times you need to fill it to reach your goal.

simple smile

Do you drink enough water each day? How many glasses do you drink daily? Share some of your tips for increasing daily water intake?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Beauty Starts Within Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sdks2011
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:17 PM
No, I usually don't drink enough water...I am interested to see other's ideas on how to ensure they get their 8 glasses in each day. I drink around 5 a day...I am working on cutting all other drinks out of my diet and only drink water...my biggest challenge is my addiction to sweet tea.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Janet
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Thanks for the tips! I don't drink near enough water a day. I definitely have to work at this.

valerie021
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:22 PM
:D
pixiemg1
by Amy on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:23 PM

I drink plenty of water each day.  I aim for at least 60 oz and ususally surpass that.  No real tips on I just have water at my desk at work and when I am home I have a glass full at all times.  

laughnchica
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:24 PM

I ususally drink about 64 oz of water a day but rarely when I work out...maybe I should fix that

kcangel63
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:29 PM
I'm breastfeeding. I've found the only way I can keep my milk up is to drink a gallon of water a day.

I usually drink out of a quart jar. I keep it full and drink all day.
xomrs.chase
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:39 PM
I need more than just water. I have a potassium issue so I usually drink g2 or crystal lite that has it
MommeisQueen
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:39 PM
I go through on and off phases where when I'm on I'm drinking the water I should and when I'm off I slack on drinking enough water. Those are great ideas to keep on top off drinking enough water.
mommacatof3
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:52 PM

I am trying on adding more water to my diet. I drink filtered and bottled water. I look for bottles that are made with recycled plastics.

Jag5782
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:56 PM
I don't drink near enough. I'm interested to here what suggestions for increasing it is.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)