Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

Beauty Starts Within Challenge Day 4: Hydrate!

Posted by   + Show Post

A great way to feel better on the inside and out is to drink plenty of water. As we get older we lose moisture within our skin. Water helps to keep your skin cells moist and prevent premature aging. Today's challenge is to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day!

Here are some tips to help increase your daily water intake:

• Start drinking water as soon as you wake up.
  • Drink 2 cups of water with each meal.
  • Add lemons or limes to make it taste better.
  • Eat water rich foods like watermelons.
  • Sip water during your entire workout.
  • Buy a water bottle that holds the amount of water you want to drink each day. For a smaller water bottle, calculate how many times you need to fill it to reach your goal.

simple smile

Do you drink enough water each day? How many glasses do you drink daily? Share some of your tips for increasing daily water intake?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Beauty Starts Within Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:04 PM
Replies (71-79):
BeautifulMomof1
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:09 PM

I drink 3-4 bottles of water while I'm at work . . and 1-2 more when I get home . . sometimes I still feel like it's not enough because I'm always so thirsty . .

my3girls51277
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:25 PM
20 oz a day, that's really the best I ever do. I constantly drink coffee though, so it isn't as if I don't have the habit of drinking something. I suppose I should just try to switch from coffee to water. Water is sooo boring though. I did find a brand of flavored water, really sports drink with coconut water, I liked. Wonder if that counts as part of my daily intake?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
aneela
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:07 PM

i pretty much drink water mainly

PEEK05
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:36 PM

I'm not as good at drinking water as I should be.  I am going to be drinking half my body weight in ounces of water each day as soon as I have my baby though.

shamroc374
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:03 PM
I drink 8-10 glasses of water everyday. I carry water with me everywhere I go to make sure I drink enough.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
narumi74
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:13 PM

I believe I drink enough water each day. I drink about at least 8 glasses a day..

EbonySnow
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:54 PM

this is something I need to work on

Bmat
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:35 PM

I am taking two meds that require full glasses of water, so this helps. I also drink a full glass at each meal.

Apr1l
by Katie on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:34 PM

I drink tons.  Bc I'm not a soda person, so its either water or coffee throughout the day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN