Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

Hey all you make-up experts...and junkies

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:18 PM
  • 13 Replies

I have a make-up question here...I'm looking for that perfect long lasting make-up (foundation specifically) for my wedding day.  I'm ok with my every day foundation- I use bare minerals.  But it's just not going to cut it for my wedding day.  I need something that's going to last into the wee hours of the night!

I know different foundations work for different skin- so my particular skin- well, I'm 30 so I have a few of those "expression lines" starting to show- ok...I have some wrinkles!  My skin is generally on the dry side, but I have a few breakouts now and then.  I know that taking care of your skin regularly is important- I use my Philosophy and BioElements regularly.  but I just haven't found that foundation that lasts all day, doesn't look "made-up" and doesn't clog my skin up.

Anyone tried Make Up Forever HD system?  That's the one I'm thinking of trying now...but if anyone has some advice- I'd love to hear!

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jellybeanjean
by JeanJeanie on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:23 PM

I have that kit. It's pretty good, although the coverage is what I would consider medium. Personally I like my foundation a little heavier...The HD powder is amazing though, ofter you put that on it sets your makeup FOREVER!.

ae86mommy
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:26 PM
I'm in love with revlon color stay whipped foundation for full coverage :) and it lasts through a one hour cardio workout lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellybeanjean
by JeanJeanie on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:36 PM

I've been meaning to try this out. I like the regular colourstay liquid makeup a lot!

Quoting ae86mommy:

I'm in love with revlon color stay whipped foundation for full coverage :) and it lasts through a one hour cardio workout lol

ae86mommy
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this
You pretty much have to. The coverage is freakin crazy and you only need the tiniest little bit.

Quoting jellybeanjean:

I've been meaning to try this out. I like the regular colourstay liquid makeup a lot!

Quoting ae86mommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erikays
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:42 PM
I was going to suggest that too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Zadidoll
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I love MUFE Mat Velvet+ and their HD foundations however depending on your skin type and how much coverage you want you may want to test these products out first. I suggest getting samples from your local Sephora - if you have one - or order from Sephora.com if you end up not liking it.

KelliansMom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:00 PM

yes go to sephora and get samples and wear them around for a day or two. see how the react to your own skin and take photes with flash so see how they look. 

Quoting Zadidoll:

I love MUFE Mat Velvet+ and their HD foundations however depending on your skin type and how much coverage you want you may want to test these products out first. I suggest getting samples from your local Sephora - if you have one - or order from Sephora.com if you end up not liking it.

ToYnyc
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Nars Sheer Glow foundation is good on dry skin, and its light weight

ToYnyc
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:19 PM

Quoting Zadidoll:

i've been using that lately, the coverage is so good a little goes a long way

babybuddafly
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:53 PM
I've tried SO much to like this one. Bought when it came out and returned it. Just picked it up again about a week ago and it's just ok god me unfortunately. Loreal tru match and the liquid colorstay work for me! :)

Quoting ae86mommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)