• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

~Making Your Own Eye Primer~

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:42 PM
  • 5 Replies

I wonder if this really works..

Pinned Image

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ae86mommy
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:43 PM
I have so many eye primer samples from sephora purchases, I'll probably never run out lol. This sounds like it may work, but I don't think I would want Chapstick on my eyelid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Meloney413
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:11 PM

I actually think I would love chapstick on my eye! lol seriously... im thinking of the smooth/waxy texture , spread thinly how well something like makeup would stick to it ... I know it would crease horibly but nothing a lil powder cant fix! (hence the cornstartch) . Im going to try this * . 

Quoting ae86mommy:

I have so many eye primer samples from sephora purchases, I'll probably never run out lol. This sounds like it may work, but I don't think I would want Chapstick on my eyelid.

erikays
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:35 PM
Oh that's neat!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Zadidoll
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Some DIYs are great others are... well let's just say should be left at the wayside and this is one.

An eye primer is used when a person wants to have their eye make up not crease, pop more and be more water resistant or waterproof than without and of course to have a smooth base for the shadow to stick to. In "the old days" before there were primers people simply applied foundation or concealer. Using foundation mixed with chapstick and corn starch won't do much of anything other than create a thick base for the eye product which in turn may cause caking and flaking.

Sorry but this DIY should be tossed.

.Holly.
by Holly on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:56 PM
I'll stick to buying primer. I don't want chapstick on my lids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)