Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

Pregnancy Skin Question..

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:55 AM
  • 6 Replies

Ok, I am newly pregnant & my face is breaking out like crazy! I wash my face everyday.. & I have never been prone to acne.. Any suggestions??! :)

Thanks!

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
littlemascara
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:08 AM

hormones! Often it settles down, but in the meantime maybe get an acne treatment with salicylic acid.  good luck!

ToYnyc
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:37 AM

At walgreens they sell something called Belli Pregnancy Acne facial wash

Zadidoll
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Quoting jendenbla92:

Ok, I am newly pregnant & my face is breaking out like crazy! I wash my face everyday.. & I have never been prone to acne.. Any suggestions??! :)

Thanks!

Your post esentially gave me all the info to answer your question. You're newly pregnant and breaking out like crazy - you have hormonal acne. There is really nothing you can do for this type of acne because of the pregnancy. Best thing you can do is keep your hands away from your face and wait it out.

In regards to Belli Pregnancy Acne Cleansing. It's been clearanced at most Walgreens. You can find it online also clearanced at Drugstore.com (the company Walgreens uses to sell online).

Ingredients: Deionized Water, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Lactate, Sodium PEG-7 Olive Oil Carboxylate, Glycerine, Sodium PCA, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Olive Oil PEG-7 Esters, Lactic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum Peel Oil (Lemon), Xanthan Gum, Citric Acid, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Glycereth-2 Cocoate

Because you're pregnant I would suggest avoiding products with PEG-120 because some people feel it causes side-effects including cancer. Is it true? I doubt it since everything causes cancer now a days but most women like avoiding products that maybe harmful to a fetus. Instead I would suggest a DIY version made of green tea and cucumber juice along with lemon peel - all things you can get at the grocery store.

DIY version:

1 cucumber - peeled &  chopped
1 green tea - remove leafs from bag
peel from one lemon

In food processor puree the peeled cucumber with green tea leaves and lemon peel until smooth, Let sit overnight before straining the liquid out.

Take a sieve and insert either a coffee filter OR cheese cloth and put the mixture into that. If you use a coffee filter it's going to take longer to strain the mixture, if you use a cheese cloth it's faster because you can twist and  squeeze the liquid out.

Take the liquid and apply it to your face as you would a toner. You can use the puree part and mix with plain yogurt for a facial mask. Leave on your face for 10 to 15 minutes then wash off.

jendenbla92
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:06 PM

Thanks you so much!!!! 

redlily31
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:28 PM
Its not good to use salicylic acid or any of those typical acne treatments when pregnant. My skin was horrible when I was pregnant but I also suffer from mild acne all the time. I would suggest using orgainc coconut oil to either waah or face with or use as a moisturizer. It naturally helps keep your face from getting oily. ..fight oil with oil...and its a naturally antimicrobial so it helps prevent acne. I never tried it while I was pregnant because because I didnt know about it yet. But I break out hormonally now and since using it my hormon break outs have much dramatically better. Heres a link in case you wantbto learn more about it. Sorry you have to deal with this!

http://www.organicfacts.net/organic-oils/organic-coconut-oil/coconut-oil-for-acne.html

Quoting littlemascara:

hormones! Often it settles down, but in the meantime maybe get an acne treatment with salicylic acid.  good luck!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AmyL3469
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this

It'll get better in a few weeks more than likely. Welcome to pregnancy! lol! I broke out in the beginning with all 3 of my kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)