Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

Could this burning feeling be a good thing?

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:30 AM
  • 10 Replies

So yesterday I used a hair removal cream for my upper lip.. I had a mustache that your fathers would envy

dont judge this Mirena is turning me into a pregnant man.

I left it on for the suggested time of 3 minutes  but felt a horrible burning within a minute.. i usually leave it for 5 becuase I dont feel anything & 3 minutes usualy isnt enough time... well once i wiped off the cream/hair then gently washed up the area my upper lip looked like its just been waxed...10 times over! SSSSUUUPPER puffy... so red.. it almost hurt to touch.. the redness usualy goes away within an hour but now its been a whole 12 hours & my upper lip area is somewhat pink & still kind of puffy.... needless to say i am hair free!!!... Its even softer than my babys behind lol it doesnt hurt... so im wondering could this be some sort of chemical burn? the reason i think this is becuase i am a bad girl the nair was for arms legs & underarms NOT for the face.. but i used it before so i didnt think it would do any harm... ive know people who have somehow burned their nose hairs & now dont have anymore... i also know someone who had some type of burn on a good part of thier leg that healed up nicely & no hair....

hmmmmmm....... I guess only time will tell... il let you guys know in about 1.5-2 weeks!

p.s. this post is kind of pointless/dumb but i havent been on CM in like a month & just needed to get back in the game ;D  Kissito's  * .

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
littlemascara
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:02 AM

sounds like a bad reaction.  I would def stick with stuff meant for that area only, especially since when you rinse it's easy to get on your lips and nose.  be extra careful in the sun!

ToYnyc
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:47 AM

this is a pic of a Nair chemical burn, next time use a hair removal for the face like Olay facial hair removal

Zadidoll
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:34 PM

Yes it's a chemical burn. You're lucky it didn't do more damage.

Meloney413
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow what a nasty pic! Mine looks nothing like that thankfully
sophiesmom07
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:04 PM

Gosh, I was so tempted to use the Nair body cream for my lip the other day too, lol. Good thing I didn't, yikes!  Maybe ice would help? 

littlemascara
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:40 PM

my best friend and his boyfriend were going to Brazil for Carnival (his BF was from Brazil) and made the mistake of using regualr Nair for legs EVERYWHERE including in um... private regions... front to back.  They were planning on wearing some thong costume or something.  Needless to say, it ALL looked like that, with blisters even.  I took one look and asked why was I looking, they needed a DR ASAP. They had to put some cream like silvadine or something on it for quite a while, and it pretty much ruined vacation.  ALWAYS READ DIRECTIONS and CAUTIONS!!!!  I stay far, far away from Nair. ;)

Quoting ToYnyc:

this is a pic of a Nair chemical burn, next time use a hair removal for the face like Olay facial hair removal

ToYnyc
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:55 PM

i cant stand the smell of Nair, i'd rather wax

Quoting littlemascara:

my best friend and his boyfriend were going to Brazil for Carnival (his BF was from Brazil) and made the mistake of using regualr Nair for legs EVERYWHERE including in um... private regions... front to back.  They were planning on wearing some thong costume or something.  Needless to say, it ALL looked like that, with blisters even.  I took one look and asked why was I looking, they needed a DR ASAP. They had to put some cream like silvadine or something on it for quite a while, and it pretty much ruined vacation.  ALWAYS READ DIRECTIONS and CAUTIONS!!!!  I stay far, far away from Nair. ;)

Quoting ToYnyc:

.Holly.
by Holly on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:59 PM
Yikes!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlemascara
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:25 AM

i know, it smells AWFUL and it's like you cannot wash the smell off! I use No-No, that thing is awesome.

Quoting ToYnyc:

i cant stand the smell of Nair, i'd rather wax

Meloney413
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:36 AM

I thought it would be okay since it said underarms & thats a pretty sensitive place.. for me at least & i used a cold wash cloth for about 15 minutes.... everything is back to normal .... & still no hair :)))))

Quoting sophiesmom07:

Gosh, I was so tempted to use the Nair body cream for my lip the other day too, lol. Good thing I didn't, yikes!  Maybe ice would help? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN