Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

Swollen eyelid after plucking

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:08 AM
  • 10 Replies
Is there anything, other than applying cold compresses, I can do to ease a swollen eyelid that occurred after plucking? Plucked last night because I didn't think I'd have time for a wax before my night out (Saturday) and now my right eyelid is swollen. My husband was able to see it after I commented, and I can FEEL it. .. not sure if applying makeup will be the smartest idea until I get it down a bit.

Ugh, of course this has to happen before a big night.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ToYnyc
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:24 AM

a cold compress is the best solution really. but taking an asprin can help minimize the pain nd the swelling.

RMT1995
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:46 AM
I'll try that, thanks... just woke and it's worse, I think it might be conjunctivitis. Lid is so swollen that half my eye is shut. Got a call into my doctor. :(
moniagee
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:50 AM
If it's infected, you'll need a warm compress. After my first son was born, I had a lot of eye infections, and the warm compresses reduced the swelling and lessened the pain.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erikays
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:22 AM
Warm compress? Man, you must of done some hard core tweezing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RMT1995
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:32 AM
That's what I assumed it had to do with at first, but now I'm wondering if it's related to being around my SIL's dog, or maybe I need to clean my tweezers better... not sure, but I don't think it's conjunctivitis anymore. Nothing in the eye, just the lid. And the warm compress helped a tiny bit... the swelling is gone from the outer part of the lid, it's just localized to the inside now. Dr. appt at 845.
rosebud727
by Rose on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:34 AM

Sorry sweetie, hope that gets cleared up soon.

RMT1995
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:39 AM
Thanks... it was allergy-related! Nothing to do with plucking. A script for prednisone helped it.
ToYnyc
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:40 AM

what are you allergic to?

Quoting RMT1995:

Thanks... it was allergy-related! Nothing to do with plucking. A script for prednisone helped it.

RMT1995
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Dogs, for one... and I was around one the night before. I washed my hands after, but there must have been stuff floating around.
chrisnjoesmom
by Adrienne on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Yeah I was gonna say that it would be weird if you were swollen that long from plucking.  Glad you got it figured out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)