Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

Beauty Starts Within Challenge Day 6: Keep a Journal

Posted by   + Show Post

Journal writing is a great release that allows you record your thoughts, feelings, and experiences. Today's challenge is to keep a journal and add a few positive things each day.

Here are some other helpful reasons to keep a journal:

• Stay focused on what's really important in your life.
  • Reduce stress.
  • Gain peace during difficult times.
  • Help to improve your well-being.
  • Makes time for you.
  • Helps you deal with problems and issues more effectively.
  • Gives you a place to record your dreams and goals.
  • Allows you to record memories of important events or happenings in your life.

writing

Have you ever kept a journal? Do you feel it would be a release to write down your thoughts and feelings each day?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Beauty Starts Within Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:06 PM
Replies (61-70):
ToYnyc
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:57 PM

my mom did the same thing to me, its such an invasion, i never had a journal again either

Quoting lele678:

I used to keep a journal when I was younger but I stopped when my dad went in my room and read it. I stopped wanting to write.

my3girls51277
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:35 PM
I had a tough time keeping a journal until I decided it didn't need to be formal or follow a plan or pattern. Now I have a journal where I write down things that happen, quotes from books, silly thoughts I have about commercials, to-do lists, my outfits for the next week, reminders to myself, really anything at all. And I carry it with me (in my purse it's not a huge notebook,) so if I have something to write about when I'm not at home, it's always handy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
salviniata23
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:36 AM

that is a great idea, i never had a journal i think imma start!

aneela
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:08 PM

this is hard to do but i can try

lele678
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:28 PM
Exactly you feel violated when that happens. Ever since he read that from then on he has treated me so bad. Now I know he is negative and I don't let him get to me as much as when I was a kid.

Quoting ToYnyc:

my mom did the same thing to me, its such an invasion, i never had a journal again either

Quoting lele678:

I used to keep a journal when I was younger but I stopped when my dad went in my room and read it. I stopped wanting to write.

PEEK05
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:36 PM

No, but I blog.

shamroc374
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:05 PM
I send myself text messages daily that contain my thoughts and interesting things I learn.
narumi74
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:15 PM

I don't keep a journal but whenever I have something impt. or reminder, I do write things down for keep sake!

EbonySnow
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:57 PM

I love to write but the journal thing never really works for me it quickly becomes a complaint book and that doesn't help me feel better it drags me down

Bmat
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:38 PM

I haven't kept a journal since I was a teen, but I do now in a way by emailing with a dear friend. We talk about dreams and accomplishments.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)