Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

Shopping For Kids Clothing

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:22 PM
  • 20 Replies

Hey Moms! When you're shopping for clothes for children, do you try to buy bigger clothes for the future, or do you only buy clothing that fits for now. Just wonderin how you plan buying clothes for toddlers who will soon be young children.

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ae86mommy
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:25 PM
I only buy clothes for now. Both my kids like to pick what they wear, and their taste is constantly changing lol. And they are 18 months and 28 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Amy on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:27 PM

I buy what they need as they need it.  Some things will fit for a long time, others they grow out of faster.

FlyingMommy747
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:35 AM

I do both.  Since my DD with grow out of some things fast or tear it, I try to get stuff on clearance racks, and often get stuff for the following year.  For example, Gymboree blows out there stuff and super great prices, I have pick up turtleneck shirts for as little as $1.99 there.  We also have an OshKosh Outlet near my home, and they are great for bottoms and t-shirts (some of their top, the neck hole tends to be too small) and for sweats.  We recently got an H&M at my local mall, and they have some super cheap girls dresses.  My DD just loves wearing dresses, and this time of year I will put her in one with the valour leggings from Gymboree.

DOMTITI
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:44 AM
I shop constantly for my children. I don't really like the look of oversized clothing. So, I keep close to their current sizes. My dd is super hard to shop for because of her size. She is 5'3, 87lbs, all LEGS. Bottoms are very hard. We try to stick to what we know. Bad fitting jeans are a no-no! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ToYnyc
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:50 AM

i buy a little bigger, not soo big that its falling off but just enough to give them room to grow.

1Trixie
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Clothes for now. I never buy ahead because my kids taste change so quickly.

AimSnapHolz
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:10 PM

It depends on who buys it. My grandparents buy his clothes WAY too big (I'm not sure if they do it on purpose). I buy them a little big, because he's constantly between sizes, so I just get the next size up instead.

Apr1l
by Katie on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Bigger
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenniferlee_12
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:39 PM

It depends on what I find a great deal on.

MommeisQueen
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:08 PM
I try to buy their clothes with a little room to grow but not too much. I also like to pick up extra items for my oldest daughter and oldest son that they can wear the following season or year especially if I find a great deal.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN