Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

Beauty Starts Within Challenge Day 9: Get it Off Your Chest

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:29 PM
  • 65 Replies

Stress can wreak havoc on our skin and bodies. Sometimes it feels great to just let it all out! Today's challenge is to get it off your chest!

Today, we want you to make coupons that are each good for one, 10-minute session of venting and then pass them out to SO, friends, or family members as needed.  The recipient of the coupon need only agree to listen for 10-minutes.  They may not complain, roll their eyes, offer advice or share their own vent in return.  They simply must listen.

(After you make your coupons, be sure to cash one in and enjoy a good vent!)

toddler tantrum

Cash in a virtual coupon here! What's bothering you today? Do you let stress build up or do you find ways to relieve your stress?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Beauty Starts Within Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SabrinaLC
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:40 PM

THat is a good idea, although I don't really have any friends to give them too.

I usually rant here on CafeMom, lol

goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:40 PM

I don't think anything is bothering me today. Been having a good day so far. I try to not let stress build up.

ninamsi
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:42 PM

I do not let most things stress me out.  There is one thing I would like to change but know I can't.  When I was riding on the bus this morning.  There were three high school girls sitting across from me.  They were loud and using curse words like they were nothing to be ashamed of.  I would like to be able to wash the mouths of most of the young ladies that seem to think using curse words make them look intelligent.  It just makes me so sad when I see the path that they are on.

Vertical15
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:44 PM

What's bothering you today? Nothing that I can think of.  I'm tired and tired of being tired. . .

Do you let stress build up or do you find ways to relieve your stress?  I try to get it out, asap.

tryingmommy1984
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:45 PM

The only thing that is bothing me today is we are still waiting for one last w2 from my husbands job they keep telling him they mailed it out already but they are like a block from us and we still have yet to get it. GRRR rant over lol. 

ms-superwoman
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:45 PM

I usually relieve it! That is partly why I work out.

MommeisQueen
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:51 PM
Ohhhhhhh. I need these. I don't vent enough. I try to find other ways to release my stress because everyone may have their own issue to deal with and I don't kike dumping negativity on my loved ones. Nothings really bothering me today...but when it does, I'll be back.
Jenn8604
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Im so sick and tired of my son not listening to me and listening to grandma. It makes me feel like a bad mom for having to work full time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
marisab
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:59 PM

i was extended to july 1 and end of feb well  leave 4 mos but scared they are gonna take my kids caus eteh school keeps saying hes dirty.i bath him nightly nd make sure he has clean clothes.i panic every day at bus time until hes home ..ui sdestress by making tags,talking online and/or a warm batha nd a good book

MamisAngels
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:01 PM

That's a good idea. My husband is good with letting me vent when I need to. But sometimes it is nice to be able to vent to another woman/mother. I have friends that I keep in contact with and we will chat on the phone every few weeks since we don't live near one another.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)