Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

do you always do upper and lower lashes? I often read doing you lower lashes makes you look older or dated or something, but it's like impossible for me NOT to do them.  I don't do like 12 coats, but not doing them feels like doing a full face of makeup minus lip color or something.

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:44 AM
Replies (11-14):
momof3_dll
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:25 AM

Always do both.  If I only do the upper, my eyes don't seem accentuated as much.

Apr1l
by Katie on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:37 AM
I rarely do lower lashes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Spoiled_Blonde
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:55 AM

I always to upper and lower =)

Zadidoll
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:04 PM
Quoting littlemascara:

do you always do upper and lower lashes? I often read doing you lower lashes makes you look older or dated or something, but it's like impossible for me NOT to do them.  I don't do like 12 coats, but not doing them feels like doing a full face of makeup minus lip color or something.

No, it's not dated and it doesn't make you look older. Who ever wrote that was trying to start a different fad. You can use a different color mascara if you think that using black on both the upper and lower is too dark. To brighten your eye try a blue or green mascara on the lower eyelashes. For a softer look try brown (not brown-black but brown). For a natural look try clear.

After applying and allowing to dry a minute or two run a spoolie or clean mascara wand (devoid of any mascara) through your lower lashes to remove any excess. Using a Lash Card, mascara shield or a DIY version to prevent smudging also helps.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)