Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

The 5 minute makeup routine for dress down times

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:15 AM
  • 4 Replies
1 mom liked this

When using your favorite makeup products this routine will help get you ready in 5 minutes max.  (This routine is best when you limit the number of products used.)

Usually a routine includes - Foundation, powder, blush, eye shadow, mascara, eyeliner and lipstick or gloss.

This particular routine includes the sheer basics - Blush, Eye  Shadow, Lipstick or Gloss.

For day wear mascara & eyeliner should be considered for an office situation or a business meeting.  The clerk at the grocery store could care less if you are fully made up.  Especially when your kids are with you in the store. 

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
ToYnyc
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:23 AM

great tip! tfs

ae86mommy
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:29 AM
I'm always fully made up. I've been sick the last few days so its been just full coverage foundation, a shimmery glory blush, tinted lip balm and mascara. I almost like the look more than my fully made up face :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlemascara
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:20 AM

I'm happy without makeup.  I usually have a BB cream on for SPF, and quick add mascara and gloss.  I almost never wear powder, I looooove Meteorites finishing powder, but it does not settle in lines like traditional loose or pressed powder.  It pretty much depends on if I wear cream or powder blush (or a stain) and how made up I want to look.  When I'm sick, forget it...

amonkeymom
by Amy on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Even when I'm going out my makeup routine rarely takes longer than 5 minutes. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN