Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

Beauty Starts Within Challenge Day 10: Be Free!

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:03 PM
  • 63 Replies

Do you feel like you are going through the same motions every day? Today's challenge is to take a break from your daily routine and allow yourself a few minutes to be free!

Here are some ideas to help you let loose and have some fun today:

• Make your shower stage and sing loud and proud! If you've already showered, sing while you're driving, cleaning, working -- or have a little sing-along with the kiddos.
  • Put on your favorite songs and show off your best mom moves! Take 10 minutes and have a dance party!
  • Let out a nice long scream at the top of your lungs. You might find it's an unexpected release!

singingdancing

Do you feel better if you have unexpected fun during the day? What are your favorite songs to sing and dance to when you have time to yourself?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Beauty Starts Within Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
littlemascara
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:15 PM

I'm not a singer.  But I blast the music in the car.

Mya62412
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:20 PM
I love music and will blast it every chance I get.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamisAngels
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:23 PM

Yes, I do feel better when unexpected fun happens during the day.

I usually always play music while I shower. I choose motivational, inspirational, praise & worship to start my day.

When I want to have fun with hubby & the children, I turn on the Wii or XBox & we play a dance game- either The Michael Jackson Experience, The Black Eyed Peas Experience, Dance Central or Just Dance.

Sometimes we forego the game system and just pick songs to play while we sing, dance and let the wiggles out, lol.

It's fun to be childlike every so often. As mothers we have so much responsibility with household management and taking care of everyone in the family. But as this post shares, feeling Free is just as important. It's a sanity saver. ;)

mommieofII
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:24 PM

I do these things everyday :)

eds6619
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:25 PM

We like to crank up the radio and sing/dance.  I'm horrible at both.

sdks2011
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Yes, I do feel better when unexpected fun happens. I often turn the music up driving....I love to sing! And my kids get good laughs at mommy's move about once a week while doing house work...I crank up the tunes and dance my way through my chores. They need to know letting loose is good for the soul every now and then.
ninamsi
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:40 PM

I listen to the radio at work.  It helps make work more pleasurable.

SabrinaLC
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:46 PM

I wish I didn't have such a headache or I'd be all about this one.

I normally sing every day but not feeling it today.  Dance party tomorrow?

Momforhealth
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:50 PM
This was my yesterday. Went jogging, the sun was warm and I had my headphones....i didnt sing or run very fast, but was a nice break nd recharge
Dardenella
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:51 PM

I sing a lot throughout my day.  Not tday major dental surgery, so sorry I can't play today.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)