Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How is a woman in her 30's suppose to dress?

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:12 AM
  • 44 Replies
I'm 34 and love dressing cute, but sometimes I get mistreated like I'm a little girl. I know I like youthful, but I try to dress in my age range I guess. Can any of you send me some pics on how to dress for my age because I need to know if I'm dressing appropriately.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
poshkat
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:42 AM
I have no idea!! I turn 30 in june and keep wondering if I need a new wardrobe.
do11face
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:44 AM

No idea, either.

I dress more uniquely than most of my friends but it's me and it makes me happy. So, I'm sticking with it. lol.

do11face
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:46 AM
4 moms liked this

I will add in my late 20's / early 30's I kind of went though a fashion identity crisis because I was trying to "fit the mold" and "dress my age" but you know, it just didn't feel right. As I became more comfortable with being me I said screw it, I will dress how ever I want to and wear what makes me feel happy!

jellybeanjean
by JeanJeanie on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:56 AM
3 moms liked this

Bah. As long as your ass/tits aren't hanging out or flapping in the wind...I think you should dress how you like. Specific to the occasion of course!

rosebud727
by Rose on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Well I don't know how you dress but if your wearing something along the lines of these outfits they may not work for you.

sophiesmom07
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:16 PM

What is your style? What do you like?  I wear what I like, but I don't think anything I pick is innaproritae. 

ReadWriteLuv
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:19 PM

I'm having a difficult time with this myself, not so much in the winter but in the summer or on vacation.

MsMimna
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Dress in whatever you feel comfortable in ...... 

Really? What does Age have to do with it???

littlemascara
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:32 PM
1 mom liked this

great advice at any age.  Some women always love classic, conservative clothes and will wear blouses, slacks, pearls... some will always rock jeans and high tops.  Women should wear what makes them feel beautiful and comfortable. :) I'm 42... I dress my age I guess but am usually told I look much younger.  I take it as  a compliment, not critique. 

Quoting do11face:

I will add in my late 20's / early 30's I kind of went though a fashion identity crisis because I was trying to "fit the mold" and "dress my age" but you know, it just didn't feel right. As I became more comfortable with being me I said screw it, I will dress how ever I want to and wear what makes me feel happy!

Apr1l
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:07 PM
Bump for later
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)