Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

Going to a wedding

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:43 AM
  • 13 Replies

I'm going to a wedding next month and have been searching everywhere for a nursing dress that is flattering, affordable, and is in stock in my size. I found a dress that I love, but not sure about the color for a wedding. Opinions?

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MomofHDFandNWF
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:49 AM

I think it is fine!  Very nice color.... Why would you be hesitant about the color?

jellybeanjean
by JeanJeanie on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:50 AM
Its a nice colour
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mewebb82
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Ok, thanks. I was always told you don't wear reds or black to a wedding. I was thinking that was old fashioned and not really true anymore, but I wanted to see if others thought the same. 

Quoting MomofHDFandNWF:

I think it is fine!  Very nice color.... Why would you be hesitant about the color?

chrisnjoesmom
by Adrienne on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:58 AM
I don't personally like the color but I don't think there is anything wrong with it for a wedding. To me white is the only no no for wedding guests.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomofHDFandNWF
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:00 AM

If anything -- I have heard to stay away from white, and even that I think to a certain extent has gone by the wayside, but one I would stay away from unless it was asked for guests to wear white.

Quoting mewebb82:

Ok, thanks. I was always told you don't wear reds or black to a wedding. I was thinking that was old fashioned and not really true anymore, but I wanted to see if others thought the same. 

Quoting MomofHDFandNWF:

mewebb82
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:02 AM

I was down to 2 dresses that fit my criteria. This one or a silver one (too close to white imo), but this one is cheaper and seems more like a dress I would wear beyond nursing. 

Quoting chrisnjoesmom:

I don't personally like the color but I don't think there is anything wrong with it for a wedding. To me white is the only no no for wedding guests.

mewebb82
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Of course white too. I also considered just buying a skirt and then wearing a blouse with a tank under, but that seemed too informal. I really thought I would find more nursing dresses that hide mommy bellies, but so many don't. 

Shopping for nursing dresses is HARD! lol 

Quoting MomofHDFandNWF:

If anything -- I have heard to stay away from white, and even that I think to a certain extent has gone by the wayside, but one I would stay away from unless it was asked for guests to wear white.

Quoting mewebb82:

Quoting MomofHDFandNWF:

MomofHDFandNWF
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:16 AM

What time of the day is the wedding and/or what time of day is it?  I am assuming it must be somewhat kid friendly and that your LO will be going with you....

Quoting mewebb82:

Of course white too. I also considered just buying a skirt and then wearing a blouse with a tank under, but that seemed too informal. I really thought I would find more nursing dresses that hide mommy bellies, but so many don't. 

Quoting MomofHDFandNWF:

Quoting mewebb82:

Quoting MomofHDFandNWF:

mewebb82
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:21 AM
It's a late afternoon wedding. It's definitely kid friendly....my brother's wedding.

Quoting MomofHDFandNWF:

What time of the day is the wedding and/or what time of day is it?  I am assuming it must be somewhat kid friendly and that your LO will be going with you....

Quoting mewebb82:

Quoting MomofHDFandNWF:

Quoting mewebb82:

Quoting MomofHDFandNWF:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MomofHDFandNWF
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:28 AM

I tend to think of kid friendly wedding as not being quite as formal as non-kid friendly ones.  I would say you could probably get away with either a dress or nice slacks and a button front top.  But, it is always nice to 1)have an excuse to buy a new article of clothing and 2)dress up once in a while.  So, I would say go with the dress....

Quoting mewebb82:

It's a late afternoon wedding. It's definitely kid friendly....my brother's wedding.

Quoting MomofHDFandNWF:

Quoting mewebb82:

Quoting MomofHDFandNWF:

Quoting mewebb82:

Quoting MomofHDFandNWF:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN