Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

Beauty Starts Within Challenge Day 11: Healthy Food Choices

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:41 PM
  • 58 Replies

Eating healthy can help you from feeling sluggish during the afternoon. Healthy choices, including the right food and drinks, can help you have a lot of energy and overall good health. Today’s challenge is to make healthier food choices for a healthier lifestyle!

Here are some steps to start you on a path for living a more healthy and energetic life:

• Avoid high sugar foods, fatty foods, greasy foods, and other similar foods.
  • Drink water and fruit juice. Stay away from soda, drinks with lots of caffeine, alcohol, artificial juices and other drinks high in sugar.
  • Eat fresh fruits and vegetables.
  • Eat whole grains such as oats, wheat, whole rice and rye rather than white processed flour-containing foods.
  • Avoid synthetic trans-fats like margarine and hydrogenated shortening products.
  • Avoid food additives and highly processed foods.

eating

Are you a healthy eater?  What are some unhealthy food and drinks that you have a tough time avoiding? Do you have any healthy eating tips to share?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Beauty Starts Within Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SabrinaLC
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Food is so important!

I like to think I eat a pretty healthy diet, although I'm not perfect but I think I do really well.

I can always tell when I eat something not so great, I feel well...not so great!

reesesami
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:59 PM
I used to be a very healthy eater but have recently gotten off the track a bit. I have a definite caffeine addiction right now and drink far too much soda. I used to be completely addicted to soda and quit cold turkey and never touched any soda for more than 6 years. But then I got a job where there were free sodas ready for the taking and try as I might to resist, I gave in:( that was four years ago and I've been making bad drinking decisions ever since. I really need to find the motivation to stop but it's so delicious!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kcangel63
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:59 PM
We are moving to a healthier lifestyle. We have hundreds of pounds if wheat berries and jasmine rice, and are using those. We are cutting pop out, and replacing it with kefir soda. I've been buying lots of fruits and veggies, and less processed foods.
MargauxG
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Were taking small stps to eat healthier! No dinners out of a box in a while...I got a George foreman roaster I love, makes home cooking easier! I've cut out soda (kids neve get it)...we're getting there!

ninamsi
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:03 PM

I need to make better choices.  I have a sugar addiction and I need to drink more water.

Apr1l
by Katie on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:04 PM

peanut butter, not really unhealthy, BUT so high in calories, but soooo good!

Apr1l
by Katie on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:05 PM

tips?  um Eat a big breakfast, a medium lunch and a small dinner.

Jenn8604
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:07 PM
add more fruits and veggies and snack on them all day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:14 PM

I'm working on it. I gave up pop a couple weeks ago and have been doing really well. Haven't even craved it. I've also substituted my munchy snacks with apples, bananas, and berries.

NikkiDoll
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:17 PM

I would say overall, I eat healthy. Although I have a hard time limiting my iced tea. Coffee has been giving me migraines lately, so I am in the process of giving that up completely. It's hard!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN