Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

Beauty Benefits of Spices

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:02 PM
  • 8 Replies

idk if you've ever read about some celebs drinking turmeric in their tea, I was curious what the benefits are so read a little:

1. It is a natural and inexpensive way to care for your skin; it is available widely in the market in powder, paste and dried root forms at cheap rates.
2. It is endowed with antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties; that is why, it is a useful component in skincare recipes.
3. It contains a compound known as ‘curcumin’ which forms the yellow pigment; this in turn functions as a coloring agent to impart a brighter skin complexion.
4. When taken internally, turmeric acts as an effective blood purifier which, in turn, helps to improve the condition of your skin.
5. Turmeric is an anti-oxidant that assists in attacking free radicals to give a youthful looking skin, devoid of rashes and other disorders.

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
blondiemomof2
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:13 PM

I have read about using it on your skin but I was always a little nervous. I heard there was a special kind to use if you didnt want it to stain but I cant think of it off the top of my head.

jenniferlee_12
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Never heard of it, I would be scared to try it.

mstrendygirl
by Irene on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:49 PM

never heard of it

jellybeanjean
by JeanJeanie on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Yea my Mom is always trying to put tumeric in my food. LOL. I guess she read about this.

littlemascara
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:56 PM

I eat in Indian food a lot. 

littlemascara
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:57 PM

I buy it at an Indian grocery, and it comes in big bags. :)

jellybeanjean
by JeanJeanie on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:01 PM
1 mom liked this

yes! tumeric is common in most curries! it is also really good on chicken bbq. yum yum.

Quoting littlemascara:

littlemascara
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:29 PM

yeah, it's in almost all Indian food in some quantity.  I looooooooooooooove Indian food, and I'm pretty dood at making it if I say so myself! :)

Quoting jellybeanjean:

yes! tumeric is common in most curries! it is also really good on chicken bbq. yum yum.

Quoting littlemascara:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)