Beauty Starts Within Challenge Day 14: Practice Preventive Health
When you are sick it forces you to think about your health. Preventive health is something that has to be planned and executed even when you aren't sick. Building healthy habits (and maintaining them) are a strong defense against many illnesses and can provide you with a long, healthy, and happy life. Today's challenge is get in the habit of practicing preventive health care.
Preventive health care is important. To start your own healthy practices, here are some suggestions to get you started:
- Cut out tobacco products.
- See your doctor regularly for check-ups.
- Do a self breast exam once a month.
- Drink only in moderation.
- Eat a proper, well balanced diet.
- Exercise at least three days per week.
Do you practice preventative health care or do you usually only think about your health when you are sick? Do you perform self breast exams and if so, how often?