Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty Starts Within Challenge Day 14: Practice Preventive Health

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:25 AM
  • 51 Replies

When you are sick it forces you to think about your health. Preventive health is something that has to be planned and executed even when you aren't sick. Building healthy habits (and maintaining them) are a strong defense against many illnesses and can provide you with a long, healthy, and happy life. Today's challenge is get in the habit of practicing preventive health care.

Preventive health care is important. To start your own healthy practices, here are some suggestions to get you started:

• Cut out tobacco products.
  • See your doctor regularly for check-ups.
  • Do a self breast exam once a month. 
  • Drink only in moderation.
  • Eat a proper, well balanced diet.
  • Exercise at least three days per week.

doctor

Do you practice preventative health care or do you usually only think about your health when you are sick? Do you perform self breast exams and if so, how often?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Beauty Starts Within Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:32 AM

I try to take care of myself, I cut out pop and other junk food, we walk when the weathers nice, I never remember to do the rest.

marisab
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:49 AM

yes except the breast exam.There is still alil junk in my diet but its fairly healthy

SabrinaLC
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:53 AM

My whole little family practices preventative health care :-)

By doing so we've managed to bring my husbands slightly high cholesterol down to normal levels.

I try to perform self exams each month but I don't always remember.

batjmom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:01 AM
I really try to take good care if myself and set a good example for my kids. We eat healthy as a family and get plenty of exercise.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SweetLuci
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:06 AM

I just finished my yearly exam, mamogram and colonoscopy. What fun, but it's for the best. I do breast exams once a month.

laughnchica
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Ibwork out every week day and I try to take my multivitamin daily. I should probably make my self exams more regular but staying healthy is important to me
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
earthangel1967
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:54 AM

I do all those suggested things and more than that actually. I am very healthy concious and love that my husband is too.

YVONNE

Jenn8604
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:18 AM
I do all of the above. Plus take vitamins.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skippette14
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Preventive health care is so important.  If I'm not healthy, I can't take care of the kids or go to work.  I try my hardest to make good choices 

Dardenella
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:28 AM
1 mom liked this

I noticed you do not list dental care.  This not only affects your teeth but can affect your general heath and well being as well.

I practice good health care all year round.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)