Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

If you had to stand for 8+ hours a day ....

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:49 PM
  • 29 Replies

Would you go more for comfort or cute when it came to footwear? Would you wear heels?

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Yurixsi
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:50 PM
Comfort
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
minnesotamommie
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:51 PM
Comfort and don't be cheap shoes you are going to wear for 8+ hours should be good quality stuff like new balance or sketchers
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
boshs1andonly
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:51 PM

I would try to find a balance. I had this really cute pair of heels that I wore while doing an event, I was on my feet for 12 hours and had no issues.

Zadidoll
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:06 PM

Once you're use to wearing heels for extended periods of time it's easy to stand eight hours in heels.

blondiemomof2
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:16 PM

I think I have more sensitive feet than most. I have never worn a pair of heels that didnt bother me to some degree.

Quoting boshs1andonly:

I would try to find a balance. I had this really cute pair of heels that I wore while doing an event, I was on my feet for 12 hours and had no issues.

blondiemomof2
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:17 PM

Haha maybe thats my problem!

Quoting Zadidoll:

Once you're use to wearing heels for extended periods of time it's easy to stand eight hours in heels.

Zadidoll
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Quoting blondiemomof2:

I think I have more sensitive feet than most. I have never worn a pair of heels that didnt bother me to some degree.

Actually you maybe wearing the wrong shape heels for your feet. Trace your the outline of your feet onto a large paper bag and then place your shoe over it to see if your feet are fitting in it properly or being squeezed which would cause pain.

blondiemomof2
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:24 PM

A lot of the discomfort is from the hardness of the shoe up against my skin too. Thanks for the tip!

Quoting Zadidoll:

Quoting blondiemomof2:

Actually you maybe wearing the wrong shape heels for your feet. Trace your the outline of your feet onto a large paper bag and then place your shoe over it to see if your feet are fitting in it properly or being squeezed which would cause pain.

Apr1l
by Katie on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:30 PM

it depends on what I'm doing for those 8 hrs.  I would prob go for kitten heels or mini wedges.

jellybeanjean
by JeanJeanie on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:30 PM

kitten heels! A little goes a long way =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN