Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

If you had to stand for 8+ hours a day ....

Posted by   + Show Post

Would you go more for comfort or cute when it came to footwear? Would you wear heels?

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Replies (21-29):
blondiemomof2
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:15 PM

Im with you on this one 

Quoting MsMimna:

OMG...Trust me on this.....I worked in Fine Jewelry....and you are expected to dress up. After the first few days of trying to impress by wearing heels and standing 8 plus hours.....you will be looking for Cute Comfortable with Insoles for Extra Cushion !!

KrissyV
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:33 PM

It depends upon what you are doing.  I teach part time and heels really aren't appropriate when doing playground duty.  If you work in retail, it may be a requirement.  I also go comfort first because having sore feet sucks if you have a choice.

blondiemomof2
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:40 PM

No heels are not a requirement. I wear ugg like boots and super comfy loafers most days.

Quoting KrissyV:

It depends upon what you are doing.  I teach part time and heels really aren't appropriate when doing playground duty.  If you work in retail, it may be a requirement.  I also go comfort first because having sore feet sucks if you have a choice.

MsBlueBelle
by Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:39 PM

Bare foot.  I wear socks at home but prefer to be bare foot.  I keep a pair of sandals in the car for those times when I nip out to the store and realize I am barefooted.  I fall over if I have type of heels and that includes sneakers.  IF I could stand up for 8 hours, that would mean I would be in Heaven and I probably would be wearing Fredrick's of Hollywood kitten heel mules with red feather boa's on them.  lol

Spoiled_Blonde
by Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I stand for 8-12+ hours a day. I go for a nice pair of Dansko's. Be nice to your feet now and they will be nice to you when you are older.. lol Plus heels throws your whole body off balance, giving you more than foot pain later on in life. =(

erikays
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:27 PM
Comfort
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AimSnapHolz
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:40 PM

I stand for 8+ hours a day. I wear nurse shoes, lol.

Jazzdoll
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:53 PM

Comfort and cute don't have to me mutually exclusive - I have tons of adorable ballet flats, wedges, and boots that are comfortable to wear all day. I don't normally choose to wear heels for long periods of time anyway due to an old ankle injury.

jazzieshari
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:26 PM
Def comfort. I've tried heels before when I stood on my feet for long periods of time and my feel were killing me by the end of the day. So never again I will get some cute flats and Call it a day
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN