Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

Beauty Starts Within Challenge Day 15: Feeling Beautiful Each Day

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:20 PM
  • 44 Replies
1 mom liked this

When asked to share her beauty tips, Audrey Hepburn said "For attractive lips, speak words of kindness. For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people. For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry. For beautiful hair, let a child run his or her fingers through it once a day." Today's challenge is to share your tips for enhancing inner beauty.

simple smilegood

Do you surround yourself with positive people? Live a healthy lifestyle?  Not sweat the small stuff in life?  Share what you do to achieve inner beauty!

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Beauty Starts Within Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Apr1l
by Katie on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Yes, i avoid negative people like the plague.  I have a bad habit of letting the kids get to me, when they argue or bicker at eachogther uuuugh

Vertical15
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Do you surround yourself with positive people?  I try to.

Live a healthy lifestyle?  I also try to.

Not sweat the small stuff in life?  I try but not as well as I do that other two!

Share what you do to achieve inner beauty!  I try to be positive and do things for others.

MommeisQueen
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, yes, I really try to lead a positive lifestyle. It's not always easy but I try to be the best me I can be.
ninamsi
by Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:43 PM

I remind myself that I was perfectly made and that there is no one exactly like me.  I reinforce this by reading God's word first thing in the morning before I start my daily chores.

laughnchica
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:43 PM
I try to always think positively. VERY hard sometimes.
Eat healthy and feel good about what goes into my body.
Work hard and do the best that I can in order to feel proud of myself at the end of the day.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lhlady517
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:48 PM

Do you surround yourself with positive people? yes

Live a healthy lifestyle?  actively working on this and improving every day

Not sweat the small stuff in life?  Trying at this

Share what you do to achieve inner beauty!  Let God's grace shine through me.

sdks2011
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Yes, I try very hard to only surround myself with positive people. I try to always see the positive in things or else I would be miserable all the time. I honestly don't understand why anyone would want to be any other way...misery won't love my company lol. I do my best to eat healthy and see good things in everything which is hard at times.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kerryket
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:53 PM

Forget mine, I love Audrey Hepburn's!

goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:54 PM

I can say yes to all 3 questions. I drop dead weight, meaning I don't have unhealthy people in my life. I do live a healthy lifestyle, my dh makes me lol. I don't let little things bother me, 1 of the few people in the world I respect taught me that years ago. But really my inner beauty comes from volunteering around kids. When they come up to me, out in public, a year later and hug me, that's when I feel my most beautiful.

kerryket
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:56 PM

The people I choose to be around are positive, but the ones I need to be around kind of suck most days. 

I do try to live a healthy lifestyle

I try not to sweat the small stuff.

My biggest secret to enhance general happiness and well being is my sense of humor, my whole family has a good one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN