Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

Home Hair Color Help!

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:12 PM
  • 4 Replies

I have medium brown hair. I have been getting it done by my hairdresser at her home for a couple of years now. Although she does cut me a break, it is still expensive. I have tried coloring my hair at home several times, but can't seem to get the roots to come up to the shade that is on the rest of my hair. I want to go about a medium golden brown. Nothing too extreme, just a few shades lighter. My hairdresser states it takes my hair a long time to come up. Any ideas? You can see my haircolor in the picture. I am the one in the blue sweater.

3MOM627

have a nice day

by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
chrisnjoesmom
by Adrienne on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:14 PM

Do the roots longer than the rest. 10 minutes at least. Well it depends on the formula.  I like John Frieda foam, it is pretty fool proof. 

blondiemomof2
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:24 PM

Hmmmm maybe heat might help?

gdsTX
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Always do your roots first. A color brush can help get better coverage. Leave it for about 10-15 minutes or in some cases 30 minutes before covering the rest. Your roots need extra developing time.

littlemascara
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 8:40 AM

if you are lifting, do your roots first (because your other hair has already been colored) and make sure you wear a cap... or are you doing foils? does she put you under heat when she does it?  Sometimes some things are just better left to pros.  lifting  can be so damaging, especially with home products. it's nearly impossible to match the results at home to what you have already had done so  that the color is even and uniform.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN