Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hair product ?

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:56 AM
  • 12 Replies
What's a good product to help my hair hold a curl?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
littlemascara
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:15 AM

how are you curling it? rollers, curling iron.. I like paul mitchell wild ginger mousse

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Curling iron
littlemascara
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:12 AM

have you tried rollers? They are like the only way my hair holds a curl.  also sally hershberger makes a hairspray that has great hold but NOT stiff at all, Major Volume I think.  Use a good thermal spray, make sure you are heating the hair long enough, so do small sections, let the curls completely cool before you mess with them. 

0Glitter0
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 1:38 PM

i looked for rollers in wal mart yesterday and couldn't find a single one, where do they sell them anymore?

QuirkyMom26
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 1:51 PM
1 mom liked this

@ 0Glitter0

I know they sell some at the Dollar Store. I've seen both plastic mesh and foam ones there. 
http://reviews.dollartree.com/0550/717603/reviews.htm 

Momforhealth
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 2:38 PM

Go into a salon and get some curling lotion or curling mousse.  I even have taken hairspray, sprayed it into my hands, and then scrunched onto my ends so it is not so stiff.

KelliansMom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 3:24 PM
My hair traditionally hates to hold curls. But I hear could that of I pin it up right after curling and let it set (cool down) then the curl will stay longer.
QuirkyMom26
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 3:46 PM

I agree with KelliansMom. If ever I have the patience to curl my hair, I do an extra swirl with my finger to tighten the curl a little more after curling it and then loop it up to the top of my head and pin in place with a bobby pin. I do this with every strand. When you're all finished take out the pins and spray with hair spray. 

blondiemomof2
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:26 PM

You could try spraying it with hairspray before curling?

AimSnapHolz
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:39 AM

We sell them at Walgreens. :)

Quoting 0Glitter0:

i looked for rollers in wal mart yesterday and couldn't find a single one, where do they sell them anymore?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)