Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Which polish doesn't chip by the next day?

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 5:32 PM
  • 19 Replies
1 mom liked this

Which polish do you use that doesn't chip by the very next day. It seems they all do! Do you have any that are tried and true?

by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 5:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ae86mommy
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 5:35 PM
I have opi pink Friday on right now. Revlon base and top coat. I'm on day 4 with no chips
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sophiesmom07
by Platinum Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 5:36 PM

Quoting ae86mommy:

I have opi pink Friday on right now. Revlon base and top coat. I'm on day 4 with no chips

Wow, really!? surprisedMine start chipping sometimes on the same day! 

HuggaBug1991
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 5:39 PM

I like ICE polish, unless you soak your fingers (or toes) in warm water for like 1hour; it will stay on for 5-6days without chipping! (for me at least, and work a lot outside)

ae86mommy
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 6:10 PM
Yes :) and I'm a sahm so my nails get a lot of water and cleaners on then

Quoting sophiesmom07:

Quoting ae86mommy:

Wow, really!? surprisedMine start chipping sometimes on the same day! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pixiemg1
by Amy on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:47 PM

What base & top coat are you using cause I think that makes a difference along with your body chemistry. You need to find the ones that work well with you.   China Glaze, FingerPaints, Orly, WNW and A Englands wear like iron on me.  But OPI, Revlon, Essie, Sally Hansen and Zoya tend to chip on me but that doesn't deter me from buying or wearing them.  I change my mani's every couple of days so chipping doesn't bother me.  I use Salon Science Artificial Nails and Salon Science Fiberglass Network as a base and Seche Vite as my top coat.

Apr1l
by Katie on Mar. 1, 2013 at 8:03 PM
A good top coat,might help, I use inm out the door and it works for about 3 days, its not as glossy as seche vite but it keeps chips away for a while
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlemascara
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:06 AM

Butter London.  I use their base and top, it usually lasts 4-5 days. and sometimes I put Gelous on top of the top coat and it lasts a little longer.  My recent "galaxy nails" lasted about 6 days.

littlemascara
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:07 AM

hmmm... I must learn about this Salon Science.... :) I like china glaze too.  I do fine with Essie, not always so much with OPI. but yeah, I still wear them.

Quoting pixiemg1:

What base & top coat are you using cause I think that makes a difference along with your body chemistry. You need to find the ones that work well with you.   China Glaze, FingerPaints, Orly, WNW and A Englands wear like iron on me.  But OPI, Revlon, Essie, Sally Hansen and Zoya tend to chip on me but that doesn't deter me from buying or wearing them.  I change my mani's every couple of days so chipping doesn't bother me.  I use Salon Science Artificial Nails and Salon Science Fiberglass Network as a base and Seche Vite as my top coat.

pixiemg1
by Amy on Mar. 2, 2013 at 2:32 PM
1 mom liked this
They sell them at Sally's. It took me awhile to find the right bases for me.

Quoting littlemascara:

hmmm... I must learn about this Salon Science.... :) I like china glaze too.  I do fine with Essie, not always so much with OPI. but yeah, I still wear them.

Quoting pixiemg1:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sophiesmom07
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 3:48 PM

Quoting pixiemg1:

I'm wearing Loreal right now. I used  Sally Hansen Hard as Nails as a base coat and Seche vite as a top coat. I guess I'll just have to keep looking for the right combination. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)