Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

Split ends treatment?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:14 PM
  • 16 Replies
Does anyone have like really bad split ends cause I do. I already have a good shampoo and conditioner but I wanted to know if there is some kind of serum or hair cream I can put at the ends of my hair before I use any hot tools I also use a heat protectant too. Also is there any products that will help my hair be less frizzy and more soft and silky and please suggest drugstore products only. Thanks
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ilovemyboys84
by New Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:14 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nursesummer
by Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I use this and love it.
Addysmomma11
by Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:16 PM
Yea I heard good things about this. How do you use it?

Quoting Nursesummer:

I use this and love it.

maranda1389
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Hands down the best smoothing, shining, softening, and glossing product is Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum.
Nursesummer
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:03 AM
I wash and condition my hair. Then put this in starting half way down my hair concentrating on the ends. I leave it in for 7 minutes then rinse.

Quoting Addysmomma11:

Yea I heard good things about this. How do you use it?

Quoting Nursesummer:

I use this and love it.

Spoiled_Blonde
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 2:02 AM
1 mom liked this

The only way to get rid of split ends is to trim them off. Other wise they keep breaking farther and farther up the hair shaft. And no offense but you aren't going to get "good" products from the drugstore.

sununner36
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Where do you get something like this?

Quoting Nursesummer:

I use this and love it.

Every Second of Every Day is a New Beginningpuppy

Nursesummer
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:21 PM
I get it from ulta. But I know you can get it at target and most drugstore chains. And it's available on amazon

Quoting sununner36:

Where do you get something like this?

Quoting Nursesummer:

I use this and love it.

zboys
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:27 PM

I used to have split ends.  Now I wear my hair shorter.  Your question brought back memories.  lol

littlemascara
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:48 PM

well get regular trims is the main thing. In between I use Carol's Daughter SPlit End sealer.

What it is:
A repairing lotion that instantly binds the frayed and separated ends of your hair back together.

What it does:
Everyone wants stronger, longer hair that looks flawless from root to tip without the hassle of getting regular trims. The secret is, the less trims you need, the longer your hair can grow, and faster! So, stop cutting and start growing by binding the frayed and separated ends of your hair back together, making them look freshly cut, instantly.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens

What else you need to know:
This product is free of silicones, alcohol, petroleum, mineral oil, and artificial colors. For more than 2,000 years, Tahitians have used Monoi oil for its natural reparative properties that undo and prevent damage from the sun, sea and surf. Using ingredients that only grow in Tahiti, Monoi oil is made by taking 15 freshly picked Tiare gardenia flower blossoms and combining them with 15 ounces of Coprah coconut oil over a 15-day sacred ritual.

Research results:
- Based on instrumental results versus control in a clinical trial on real human hair swatches, an average of 93.3% of split ends were sealed, instantly.
-Thousands of hairs were put through mechanical stressors —washing, blow drying, flat ironing, hair coloring—until split ends formed. The Split End Sealer was then applied and the number of remaining split ends were counted. Only 6.7% of split ends remained.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)