Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge
Does anyone have like really bad split ends cause I do. I already have a good shampoo and conditioner but I wanted to know if there is some kind of serum or hair cream I can put at the ends of my hair before I use any hot tools I also use a heat protectant too. Also is there any products that will help my hair be less frizzy and more soft and silky and please suggest drugstore products only. Thanks
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:14 PM
Replies (11-16):
littlemascara
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:54 PM

agree, you HAVE to get trims, it only gets worse. It's literally just centimeters you cut off, so you don't lose length... unless you wait too long and then you're going to have to lose length to lose the split ends.  and if you're rushed and to save a little, you can tell your stylist ahead of time it's a trim only, you don't need a wash and blow out too. 

in the meantime, make sure you keep your ends well moisturized. If you straighten, etc use a good thermal protector, don't scrub your ends with shampoo, do oil treatments.

Quoting Spoiled_Blonde:

The only way to get rid of split ends is to trim them off. Other wise they keep breaking farther and farther up the hair shaft. And no offense but you aren't going to get "good" products from the drugstore.

maranda1389
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:27 PM
You can only get rid of the split ends by trimming your hair. The longer you wait, the more you'll have to cut off. As far as hair product goes, my absolute favorite is Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum. It does wonders for smoothing, shining, de frizzing, and softening. I am also in LOVE with Its A 10 miracle leave in treatment and deep conditioner, that stuff is AMAZING.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
blondiemomof2
by Platinum Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:15 PM

Tresemme heat protectant is popular.

jenniferlee_12
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:40 AM

I just have them cut off.

Miss-B
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 5:06 PM

Quoting Spoiled_Blonde:

The only way to get rid of split ends is to trim them off. Other wise they keep breaking farther and farther up the hair shaft. 

Zadidoll
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 5:57 PM

This is exactly right. There is NOTHING on the market that will fix or get rid of split ends - anything that claims to do is misleading and depending on the wording out right lying to customers.

Also, be wary of any product people are posting that contains silicone because that can weigh the hair down and if you have fine hair it can make your hair look thinner or more flat depending on the look you're going for. Also be wary of products containing alcohol as some may catch your hair on fire or cause your hair to burn.

Quoting Spoiled_Blonde:

The only way to get rid of split ends is to trim them off. Other wise they keep breaking farther and farther up the hair shaft. And no offense but you aren't going to get "good" products from the drugstore.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)