Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

Did your hair change after pregnancy?

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:07 AM
  • 20 Replies

My hair feels different after having my kids. My hair is a lot drier and I just can't get it to look right.  Lately it has gotten worst.  Do you feel like your hair changed after having kids?

by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AimSnapHolz
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:49 AM

My hair is still falling out on a constant basis, and has been since a couple weeks after I had DS... almost 5 years ago. It also doesn't hold a curl or scrunch well any more. :(

sophiesmom07
by Platinum Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:57 AM

Quoting AimSnapHolz:

My hair is still falling out on a constant basis, and has been since a couple weeks after I had DS... almost 5 years ago. It also doesn't hold a curl or scrunch well any more. :(

My hair is very curly, but it seems like the curl at the root starts to break up. :/

momof3_dll
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Mine became less full and more wavy

do11face
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:50 AM
Nah.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
scmom1216
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:13 PM

mine compleatly changed color during my preg. to the point that it looked like my natural color had been a dye job that was growing out.  Now it is always is falling out I swear I feel like I should be bald by now since my ds is 13yrs old. 

zboys
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Yes and I went from a size 7 to a size 8 in clothes and shoes.  Strange.

Momforhealth
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Right after having my children, my hair fell out at my temples.  It is due to hormonal changes and stress.  I would warm up and rub seasame oil on my scalp wrap it in a hot towel, relax, and then wash.  Each time it stopped it and it grew back. (seasame oil is really stinky though)

My hair is different since having children.  Hair healthy foods, like olive oil, fish (like salmon), nuts, avocado type foods in your diet.  You may also need some relaxation time. Are you stressed? Maybe a leave in conditioner too if the air is dry where you live.   Wash it less.  Maybe just use conditioner instead every other day.

littlemascara
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:45 PM

oh ye it did. with each one.  I used to have stick straigh, silky, thick Vidal Sasoon-like hair.  Then it started getting wavy... and wacier, and wavier until it was curly.  Then I was on a med for seizures and it was like ringlets! and then that same med made it start falling OUT! D: So now... and this is years after babies and that med, my hair is back to straight.  really weird. 

Have you tried cococut oil/monoi oil?

my4boys2002
by Gold Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 3:17 PM
My hair was a lil wavy now after kids it's very curly, it got worse after each child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KelliansMom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 6:52 PM

yes ..it acts like its curly hair but really its straight ....drives me batty

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN